Interesting spam e-mails received

830 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Le Cheese will send him some. Just contact her.

Hah!

Seriously, I use Lastpass  

Best thing since sliced loaf ;)

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

Got this one today, I've been outed!

I know elzbieta is your passwords. Lets get directly to the purpose. No one has paid me to investigate about you. You don't know me and you're probably wondering why you're getting this email?
cityba hooperski elzbieta vweigtya hooperski elzbieta kbeafnkoz hooperski elzbieta bayxeqe hooperski elzbieta g hooperski elzbieta ovi hooperski elzbieta kpeupel hooperski elzbieta bbuiuhsoq hooperski elzbieta fuuyw hooperski elzbieta v hooperski elzbieta
Well, i actually installed a malware on the X video clips (sex sites) web-site and do you know what, you visited this site to experience fun (you know what i mean). When you were viewing video clips, your internet browser started out operating as a Remote Desktop with a key logger which provided me access to your screen and web cam. after that, my software collected your entire contacts from your Messenger, social networks, and e-mailaccount. and then i made a double video. 1st part displays the video you were viewing (you have a fine taste ; )), and second part displays the recording of your web camera, and its u.

You will have only 2 possibilities. Why dont we read each one of these possibilities in particulars:
vunez hooperski elzbieta i hooperski elzbieta wjkaduqys hooperski elzbieta pqf hooperski elzbieta oqbihyhi hooperski elzbieta zxlbh hooperski elzbieta xkmvys hooperski elzbieta iygmeneh hooperski elzbieta aguaef hooperski elzbieta foojuribi hooperski elzbieta
1st alternative is to just ignore this email. as a result, i will send out your video recording to each of your your contacts and then just imagine concerning the embarrassment you experience. Do not forget should you be in an important relationship, precisely how it will eventually affect?
ycawaunaa hooperski elzbieta iyxanapki hooperski elzbieta oeranjode hooperski elzbieta yxu hooperski elzbieta xkoloyjeu hooperski elzbieta xoo hooperski elzbieta i hooperski elzbieta awrayuyyz hooperski elzbieta ejzerksal hooperski elzbieta hewpu hooperski elzbieta
in the second place choice will be to give me USD 998. We are going to describe it as a donation. Then, i will immediately delete your video footage. You can resume everyday life like this never took place and you would never hear back again from me.

You will make the payment by Bi‌tco‌in (if you do not know this, search for 'how to buy b‌itcoi‌n' in Google search engine).
dsou hooperski elzbieta rvfahvis hooperski elzbieta yvalo hooperski elzbieta woblciysv hooperski elzbieta qoqhipou hooperski elzbieta voeevqbf hooperski elzbieta wyaupejo hooperski elzbieta suuleacag hooperski elzbieta d hooperski elzbieta detykeseo hooperski elzbieta
B‌T‌C‌ ad‌dre‌ss to send to: 1PVXj25js4DMH137tjD25NKvtqGrY8vNa3
xamijoibn hooperski elzbieta iotaqt hooperski elzbieta ki hooperski elzbieta bsyioecl hooperski elzbieta xexolijd hooperski elzbieta ufrsinet hooperski elzbieta kaahitww hooperski elzbieta ssyzedka hooperski elzbieta toaxyue hooperski elzbieta bi hooperski elzbieta
[CaSe SeNSiTiVe so copy & paste it]
deqvgakoe hooperski elzbieta votsefab hooperski elzbieta ffludci hooperski elzbieta pejupo hooperski elzbieta poaviiqii hooperski elzbieta yortoes hooperski elzbieta xoxadeuyo hooperski elzbieta oiumqujyp hooperski elzbieta reotmoxi hooperski elzbieta wyqahasy hooperski elzbieta
if you may be thinking of going to the authorities, good, this e-mail cannot be traced back to me. I have taken care of my actions. i am also not trying to ask you for a lot, i wish to be paid. i have 7tjD25NKvtqGrY8vNa3 if i don't get the ‌bi‌tco‌in‌, i will certainly send out your video recording to all of your contacts including close relatives, colleagues, and so on. However, if i receive the payment, i will destroy the video right away. If you want to have proof, reply Yup! then i will certainly send your video to your 12 contacts. This is the nonnegotiable offer, and so do not waste my time and yours by responding to this message.

If any of you nice people have access to Bitcoin, please pay it for me and I'll put a cheque in the post.

I have had almost exactly the same one a couple of times, hoops😂

Plus one from a woman, giving her name and claiming to be from the CIA! I am just erasing and resisting answering with sarcasm or swearing !

Which password should we be changing to stop this pestering? Just the email one ( if I can remember it) or any others?

Lovely story from the IT magazine C't about  a spammer getting themselves hacked.

SPAM victim hacks back...

After some mail conversation, the scammer lured me to a fake online banking site. From there I was supposed to transfer the assets to my account. That failed of course and the fraudster claimed to get a valid TAN only against the payment of 2500 US dollars. Of course, I thought and took a closer look at the website. I came across a SQL injection gap. With a few targeted SQL commands I was able to read out a database with details of an admin page for a large-scale spam campaign. Practically there was also the access data for the page - Facepalm.

But it gets even better: the campaign website also had a security problem. By means of a cross-site scripting attack (stored XSS), I was able to infiltrate the first name database field with the instruction to call a Java script stored on a server controlled by me into the administration page. Consequently, I changed the access data and laid out a bait: I informed the fraudster that I had control over the site and that the new login data was only available for money. He bit, called the administration panel and reset the data. He loaded the script from my server and I could save his IP address.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

The full story can be read here (but in German).

It's really quite techie - and so not for everyone. It does have the reminders that any system set up

(by that I mean yours and mine), needs to have passwords set that are non trivial as well

as making sure security patches are regularly reviewed and implemented.

But the overall idea of fighting back and taking over a spammers network of scams is truly wonderful.

At the end of the story the magazine suggests that the hacker probably broke  German law

and we shouldn't follow this hacker's example.

Law enforcement across borders makes it difficult to follow/prosecute the spammer.

Still, Karma in IT !

Now, normally I don't even open mails in my spam folder, but something told me I should. I laughed so hard, but only because my ex, who was Dutch, used to call Hugh Grant "Huge Grant." Still laughing.

Dear Sir, My email comes to you as a surprise but I apologize for any inconvenience. I contact you on a proposal to transfer a hugh sum of 35 Million USD, for investment purposes in your country. I am writing from Hong Kong. Kindly contact me for details if your interested through my private email. tungpeterwong@gmail.com Kind regards Peter Wong

Dear spammer, thank you for your generous offer of samples and 'cooperation' but I'm not really interested in water from Lebanon, no matter how 'natural' it is.

Thanks for the offer dear spammer, but no matter who you are I don't fancy a hot date, neitther the sticky fruity kind or the sticky other kind. But thanks again for the offer.

I received this today.

Hi, I know your password is: 

You got infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), while browsing the web where my iframe was placed, in the background you got redirected to my exploitpack, your browser wasn't patched so you got infected!

The malware gave me full control over your computer and access to all your accounts (see password above), it was also possible to turn your webcam on, you can Google about RAT's and their functionalities!

I collected all your private data and RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!!!

After that I removed my malware, to not leave any traces.

I can send the video to all your contacts, over email, post on social network and everywhere else and publish all your private data everywhere, including the darknet, where the sick people are!

Only you can prevent me from doing this!

To stop me, transfer exactly 1400$ in bitcoin (BTC).

I think it's a good price compared to living hell and you know this all isn't a joke!

To get bitcoin go to: www.paxful.com (there are many ways to buy bitcoin), or: www.coinbase.com
Or Google - "How to buy Bitcoin?"

You can send direct to my wallet, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ and then send to mine.

My bitcoin wallet is: 1PzrJSAhZSiYK93qLZnKsRzQzS49j5Ugzc

Copy and paste my wallet, it's (cAsE-sensetive)
After receiving the payment, I will delete all your data and you can life your live in peace like before.

I give you few days time to pay, I WON'T WAIT TOO LONG!
Since I already have access to your account, I know if this email has been already read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it and after payment you can ignore it.
Don't show this email to anyone, it will not help you but make everything worse, this should stay our little secret.
Next time update your browser, take it as a lesson learned and move on!

MailClientID: 058227493105822749310582274931bkseupuaeo

This must be a sophisticated attack because they removed all traces of their malware so that I could not find it and they managed to record me on a webcam that I don't have!  Wow!  That is clever!

And they must be serious, as they send this email twice within 2 minutes!

Although I must admit that this was an old password that I used in the past, I knew that it had been compromised and changed it many years ago.