Returning of products bought at Saturn

69 posts in this topic

All the time I thought I know what I was doing in electronic shops. :unsure: As I remember he told us it was a display piece. I need to check with my friend.

My German is not very good so how would I go about asking for a refund? I bought a TV at Saturn a few days ago but it is not compatible with some of my electronics so I'd like to return it. It has all the original packaging but (the screen cover is even still on the TV) but I did open the package and then had to re-tape it. Do you think I'll have a problem getting a refund?

There is no legal obligation to offer you any refund, but Saturn do have a return policy and if they are satisfied with the condition of the goods you are returning (their return conditions clearly state the goods must be returned "unused") they will allow you to exchange for an alternative. No mention is made of refund, but there is no harm in asking.

My German is not very good so how would I go about asking for a refund? I bought a TV at Saturn a few days ago but it is not compatible with some of my electronics so I'd like to return it. It has all the original packaging but (the screen cover is even still on the TV) but I did open the package and then had to re-tape it. Do you think I'll have a problem getting a refund?

Often it depends on who u are speaking to in that store, one thing i noticed, at least in the cell phone department is that these people are not trained about the products at all. The only thing they know is what they read of the label next to the device. If u ask anything more particular, they fumble around with the phone for a few seconds and say they don't know. though they try to push u to buy the more expensive product most of the time, no matter which department. They probably work on commission, so they only care to sell, not about customer satisfaction

That's because in most stores they are not there to sell phones, but sell call services. Selling the phone is secondary to them.

Argh! I am so pissed off with Saturn - just ranting here.

Needed to buy a headphone, and it needed to be today. Went there, and chose the CX2 from Seinheiser. Price tag 39,90. Went to pay, I had two other minor items, and just noticed after paying it was 49,90 in the bill.

Went back in and I was explained to go to the Service in the first floor. Spent 20 minutes in a line, then the woman at service says I need to find some guy with blue jacket. Found the guy, and explained him my problem. He scans the headphone and says "It is 49,90!". I tell him to come with me to check the price. The tag was indeed 39,90 - and he says the tag is wrong. I tell him it is not my problem. He says it is not his problem (lol). I ask for some manager and he says they don't have it. So I get pissed off and I ask for my money back which he complies. Again, 20 minutes in a line to get the refund.

So, one hour lost, no headphone and just massively pissed off. Now I understand why people use Amazon more and more. This kind of shit does not happen.

Btw, aren't there laws in Germany related to the price tag? Pfffff... I mean, it is not like a 1000 computer for 100 which is clearly an error...

I use Amazon and eBay as much as possible (and not any other German e-commerce website, because I suspect their customer culture is like in the stores...non-existent).

I don't care if Amazon pays their workers little wages. Instead of staging useless PR strikes against the "evil American company", Ver.di should do something more substantial and ask the fat German state to cut taxes and health insurance contributions for low earners...but I guess this would be too intelligent for them to do.

For example...there shouldn't be any "minimum tariff" on health insurance contributions. If I earn 600 EUR brutto per month...I'll pay 8% for my health insurance, 50 EUR, not 150 or whatever is the minimum tariff.

There should also not be any "maximum tariff"...if I earn 100K EUR/month, I'll pay 8% of 100K EUR, 8000 EUR, to subsidize the low-earners...

I don't care if Amazon pays their workers little wages. Instead of staging useless PR strikes against the "evil American company", Ver.di should do something more substantial and ask the fat German state to cut taxes and health insurance contributions for low earners

You dont care how much people earn, you only care what percentage of that income is tax?

There must be something wrong with me, because I would like everyone to be paid fairly and then the tax and health insurance will sort itself out :)

there shouldn't be any "minimum tariff" on health insurance contributions. If I earn 600 EUR brutto per month...I'll pay 8% for my health insurance, 50 EUR, not 150 or whatever is the minimum tariff.

Well, guess what, there is no 150-odd euro minimum contribution for public health insurance for employees, just for self-employed people.

Ver.di should do something more substantial and ask the fat German state to cut taxes and health insurance contributions for low earners...but I guess this would be too intelligent for them to do.

And yes, low earners in midi jobs (= those that earn between 450.01€ and 850€ gross) do pay less social security contributions than normal, on a sliding scale.

While we're at it, taxation in Germany is progressive, the less income you have, the lower your tax rate:

post-24869-14187330533125.gif