The canonical Kiel meetup thread: Konak, Wed. August 31, 7 pm

717 posts in this topic

Hey!

The meeting last thursday was very nice! Just four of us were here but still, so nice to meet with you girls :)

We were thinking why waiting for next month before meeting again if we can do it earlier! So we thought we could meetup again next thursday same time and place if anyone is interested, feel free to join!

Again, I am around all week for lunch, coffee or a drink. Still eager to meet people, so if anyone wants to meet before thursday, I'm in!

take care

Carline

Hi Everyone! The group keeps growing and growing! We will meet again on Thursday, October 29th. Stongbow's on Schauenburgerstrasse at 19:30.

There are no topics, no requirements - just come, have fun and meet people!

Hope to see lots of new faces!

Hi Everyone,

Next Stammtisch is on Thursday, November 5th. (Usual info: Strongbow's on Schauenburger Str., 19:30)

For the next few weeks, we will be meeting every Thursday for those who are interested. I would also like to have at least one of these meetings at a Gluehwein stand at the Weihnachtsmarkt once it is open at the end of this month. Will keep you all posted on when that will be.

For those of you that have posted, but haven't shown up - What's the hesitation? Bad day or time or even location? Let us know! Even if you can't stay long, pop in for a bit - we don't bite!

Hi Everyone,

Just a heads up that I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. Hope you all have a good time and I'll see you on the 12th!

Jamie

Hey!

Just saw your post - I'll try and make it along next time with a few of the "others" from the English I know here!

AB

Hello all. I am going to be moving to Kiel to sing with the opera on Saturday Nov. 21. I would love to be a part of these English speaking meetings. I would love to meet some people in Kiel, and meet some folks that could make winter in Kiel more bearable. Feel free to let me know what is going on and message me if you would like.

Hey Boston Boy,

Very cool reason to be in Kiel! If I read the website correctly, you will be here performing in the Christmas Story?

Stammtisch people: This show runs from November 21st - December 21st. Tickets range from 3,30-13,00€. Any interest in getting a group to go see our new friend perform?

I personally will not be at the table again until December 10th, but I promise I'll be back! (or maybe that's a threat...) ;-)

no, i am not in the Christmas Story. HAHA> I am singing in the opera Die Meistersinger, which doesn't open until January 23rd. Sorry to disappoint. I am excited to see that there are some English speakers in this city though. I was worried i was going to spend my winter freezing my but off in the dark. HAHA. I still have to find a place to live in Kiel, but glad to know that there will be people to talk to.

Im from massachusetts too! I would assume seeing as your name is bostonboy, you're from boston. I just moved out with my girlfriend, who is originally from berlin. Hopefully there is a good turnout at strongbows this thusday, i havent been and i want to meet some more americans/canadians/australians

I am not from Massachussets actually, but I went to school in Boston, and love the city so much. I will try to make it to this thing on Thursday night. Where is it and what time? I don't know where it is, as I am just arriving in Kiel on Sunday.

Hey guys,

Change of plans and I will be able to make it tonight. Who all is planning on coming tonight?? Tonight as in November 19th, 2009...

Jamie

Hey everyone!

Just confirming the meetup tomorrow night (thursday 26th), 7.30pm at the english pub Strongbows (Schauenburgerstr. 17).

Hope to see some new faces this week!:)

See ya!

Carline

I will deffinately be there unless my girlfriend and I go to Hamburg. We are still not sure if we are going to go because she is feeling a bit under the weather, and if we go, we will be outside walking around for some time.

Sorry I will not be making it. I have a rehearsal until 22.00. I have to go home and sleep after that.

Happy New Year Everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be back meeting at Strongbow's on Thursdays at 19:30. Everyone is welcome to join! Would love to see new people!

Oh know, I just missed it. My first registration didn't work for some reason. So I will try to join in two weeks :)

First post! I moved to Plön with my wife on Saturday. I'm English and she's American. There's more snow in England than here at the moment, you'll be pleased to hear. I've already used this website a few times for research before moving here, but only just registered :)

So does "every second Thursday" mean "every other Thursday" i.e. alternate Thursdays, or "the second Thursday of every month"? Or, when is the next one and can I come, please? Wir haben keine Deutsch jetz.

cheers,

Duncan

Hi Duncan, Hi Buttercup!

The title of this forum is a little misleading. It was started ages ago by completely different people and I/we have hi-jacked it, so to speak. Currently, we are meeting every Thursday at Strongbow's. Everyone is welcome! Would love to see you there!

Jamie