Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Graffiti everywhere in Berlin

67 posts in this topic

I think that anyone caught spraying graffiti should have the same thing they have sprayed tattooed on their forehead. It would certainly give the people in the neighbourhood a clear idea of who did it and they would look pretty damn stupid as well.. Also for repeat offenders they should just get the image tattooed over the first one. They'll look pretty stupid then when it's illegible nonsense plastered all over their heads.

True but it would certainly make tagging a lot more risky and might put a few of them off doing it. If you do get caught you are stuck with some stupid logo on your chevy chase for the rest of your life.

They should give them a big wall out in the SBahn "fields". There they can paint to their heart's desires. However, if one of them gets hit by train, oh well, so be it. :lol:

City of Portland discovered an odd thing a while back, public murals or art are much less likely to be tagged.

the city of portland is my home. my mother was a mural artist, and the city somewhat recently enacted a fee on murals, because of a lawsuit by clearchannel.

this is really sad, because one of her murals was removed by the building owner because he didn't want to pay the fee.

so, now there is more of a tendency to leave the walls blank, which only encourages taggers to make it their own personal canvas!

Plus in my opinion, there's no point in removing the graffiti anyway - it'll just become a blank canvas again.