New in Berlin (or new to this forum)

132 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My name is Pia and I am looking for other people with english-speaking kids.

I am German but lived in the US ans UK for the last 10 years. I recently moved back to Berlin with my almost 3 year old son, whose primary language is English and has never lived in Germany.

It would be great to meet some other English speakers with a similar background, so if you are out there, let me know :)

Hi everyone ! 
My name is Drini 
I am a 30 y/o architect from Albania moving in Berlin for living and also on studies.

i have been a few times in berlin  and i find it amazing.

My hobbies are design, art, travel,fitness...I speak English, Italian, and a little German.

I  will come on 15march.It would be nice to make new friends to spend time with :) 

Hi ,

I am Mari and have just recently moved to Berlin. I would be happy to meet some people and take aprt in some activites. How can I join you group and when is the upcoming event?

Check online for other groups as well, when i was in Berlin there were at least two groups I went to, neither was TT. I only found that group when I had moved away..

I'd guess that the next Berlin TT event would be Kreuzberg Language Exchange though it can get a bit smoky if the doors are closed.  As cb6dba says, there are also a lot of online groups so a quick search of your interest / Berlin / group should return some other results.

Hi everyone! I'm Marilee.

I am new to the Brandenburg-Berlin area (Moved end of April from South Africa), and new to toy-town.
In love with this country already!

I found toy-town very useful in calming my nerves when a new set of required steps popped up. Definitely helped in making this transition much easier! I hope that I can contribute and help other new-comers too!

Tschüss! :)

I am 40 year old German guy, academic, tall, open-minded and curios to meet a girl from abroad. I can bee your mentor, language tutor, FWB. Don't be shy and dopr me a note.

Hello my name is Bob from the USA, been reading a lot of people's post, not moving there, just going to be in town after a driven boar hunt in Poland in November! Might see where you all are having a meet & greet for a couple pints! Give advice as to where to stay away from and that kind of thing if someone wanted to! I'm not trying to meet people for anything other than to have some fun! I'm hunting with 16 guys from the U.K. like every year, it's just my first time to Berlin been to Germany many times!

28 minutes ago, OtisbyGod said:

Give advice as to where to stay away from and that kind of thing if someone wanted to!

Stay away from the outer suburbs. There are scores of wild boars roaming around out there.

If you do happen to see any then turn and walk away while hoping they won't scent any suspect traces of dead relatives about you.

Like all wild animals in Berlin they're protected under the city state's constitution so not even the police can shoot them except to prevent an imminent danger to life and limb.

2B

2 hours ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

Stay away from the outer suburbs. There are scores of wild boars roaming around out there.

If you do happen to see any then turn and walk away while hoping they won't scent any suspect traces of dead relatives about you.

Like all wild animals in Berlin they're protected under the city state's constitution so not even the police can shoot them except to prevent an imminent danger to life and limb.

2B

The wild boars are so prevalent they even got some showtime on last week's Tatort in Berlin.