New in Berlin (or new to this forum)

127 posts in this topic

Hey Guys ,

My name is Sascha I´m 26 Years old and Coming from Germany.

My Girlfriend moved last Week from LA/California to Berlin , its very hard right now to get every application for her visa and working permit. I just want to see her Smile again and wanna ask, if someone from you is also new in berlin and maybe we can find a day where we can go out drink a little bit and talk about just everything that she feels a little bit Homey again!!!

thanks for your support and messages then ...

Greetz Sascha

Hi everybody!

I'm also new in town, 33 years old and from Holland. Now that summer is here, I love to go for long walks, go to markets and sit on a terrace with a glass of wine and look at the amazing street life here in Kreuzberg and Neukölln, but it's not so much fun on my own! So I'm looking for other girls that want to join me - feel free to send me a message!

Hi everyone,

My name is Carl and moving to Wedding, Berlin on Tuesday next week from Brighton, UK.   Im easy going and looking forward to finding some new friends for adventures in Berlin.

I'm passionate about medium format film photography, if would be amazing if anyone could recommend a good processing lab and somewhere thats stocks a good selection of 120mm film. :D

Carl.

Hello all!

im new to berlin and a thought I should introduce myself. I've been in berlin a few months now, moved over from London for work.

I'm 34, an airline pilot based in schoenfeld. Looking to meet new people and expand my social circle. Been wanting to meet up on Thursdays but it seems like lately I'm always working on thursdays or early Friday's! 

My german is pretty limited, I think it's safe to say non-existent, would be a better term, but trying to learn the language. Like your regular things, movies,bars, eating out etc...

if anyone wants to get in touch then feel free to do so. Or if anyone is planning to go out on day's other than Thursday's then drop me a line id more than likely to make it.

Ok that's enough about me...give me a chance I go on for hours.

hope to meet you all in the near future soon!

hi :) I'm emma 33. 

our family is relocating to berlin soon. 

my husband has started working for aeria so is over already. and the rest of us will join soon. 

we have 3 children jennifer 6.5 oliver 4.5 and charlotte 8 months. 

2 dogs benji and toffee

a big hello from all of us. look forwards to chatting and meeting similar families :) 

hi :) I'm emma 33. 

our family is relocating to berlin soon. 

my husband has started working for aeria so is over already. and the rest of us will join soon. 

we have 3 children jennifer 6.5 oliver 4.5 and charlotte 8 months. 

2 dogs benji and toffee

a big hello from all of us. look forwards to chatting and meeting similar families :) 

​Wow, that story seems so familiar to me! :)

Hi, I'm Ohad 35,

My family is relocation to Berlin soon (in very few months).

I'm already in Berlin, started working this week (tech company).

We have 3 daughters, at the ages of 5.5, 3.5 and 1, who are at home with their mother.

And 3 cats (who will also be relocating to Berlin, of course).

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and families in Berlin,

Best wishes to everyone! :)

Hello everyone, 

I just moved here too and would love to meet up sometime with people who are free of an afternoon or an evening. I go to language school in the morning in at attempt to improve my German. I'm 31 and was a secondary school English teacher in the UK. Haven't got a job yet so have lots of free time!

If anyone fancies meeting up let me know. 

Tiffany 

Tim here from Sunderland

Yes a mackem, 44 years old

Moved here on April 24th, live in Mitte,

My wife also moved here with me

Looking to meet up with felow brits and expats alike.

Tim

hi everyone, this is angira or u cn call me mitil...i m new in d city, absolutely no idea of the language...or may b just a little, i know whats on supermarket shelves....well, i m from india....thought of joining a phd here or may b an MS but alas again d language is a huge barrier...so basically i hv nothng much to do for the whole day almost...i evn thought of may be teaching dance, i am trained in indian classical dance, odissi to be precise but i got absolutely no idea how to start it or where to do it....anyway, it would be nice to know a few people here, talk nd hang out with....thnx for reading, hope u hv a nice day :)

Hello everyone, 

I just moved here too and would love to meet up sometime with people who are free of an afternoon or an evening. I go to language school in the morning in at attempt to improve my German. I'm 31 and was a secondary school English teacher in the UK. Haven't got a job yet so have lots of free time!

If anyone fancies meeting up let me know. 

Tiffany 

Hi Tiffany! I am also new here. I used to be a secondary teacher back home as well) My name is Katya and I am from Russia. 27 years old... I will be happy to find someone  to meet up from time to time for a coffe or a walk...whatever) Please let me know if you are still interested in finding new friends! 

Hello everyone!

My name is Jane, I moved from Moscow, Russia to Berlin last Saturday with my husband (he is from Spain). 

We both will be happy to meet new people and find new friends :)

Hi all. 

I'm new to Berlin and to this forum, I recently just moved to the city from Ireland. I'm 24 and look forward to getting to know you all better as I scour the forums :P. 

I also appreciate the advice I will get and find in advance Thanks.  

James

Hey I'm not too sure how this thing works yet but I'm laura 22 from the UK, Liverpool. I moved to Berlin about two weeks ago for a internship and love it here; so far the only people I know is the guys I work with and people in my flat, I would love to get to meet and know more people and get a better social life haha ! If anyone wants to meet up for drinks or to explore let me know 

thanks 

Hi Tiffany! I am also new here. I used to be a secondary teacher back home as well) My name is Katya and I am from Russia. 27 years old... I will be happy to find someone  to meet up from time to time for a coffe or a walk...whatever) Please let me know if you are still interested in finding new friends! 

Hello everyone!

My name is Jane, I moved from Moscow, Russia to Berlin last Saturday with my husband (he is from Spain). 

We both will be happy to meet new people and find new friends :)

Hi girls!

I am not new in Berlin, but new on this forum, and just saw your messages! I am very flexible during the day, especially afternoons. Let´s meet up and have a stroll in the city (if your offer is still actual) :)

btw, I am also teaching (piano)

Hi I am still interested in finding new friends :) I speak russian btw 

I am 28 and live in Berlin already for 3 years. 

Hello everyone,

I am living in Berlin for a year now, still exploring this city. I am 27 and working for a startup here in business intelligence dept. I have tried to go to meetups and meet new people, my experience so far has been mostly positive. I am always up for a drink, so PM me if you want to hangout.

I am free the whole day on Friday, so if anyone wants to meetup for drinks or visit a museum or art gallery or whatever then please write here. Hope to see you guys soon.

Hi everyone,

I´m 31 and moved from Frankfurt to Berlin in April... so I´m still exploring the city and trying to find good spots and people.

I´d like to meet some English speaking people to keep my vocabulary from turning into pure business English  ;)

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink, a movie or dinner…. Let me know.

I have a dog, so maybe there’s also someone who is up for dog-walking-company some time.

I hope to meet some of you soon :)