New in Berlin (or new to this forum)

132 posts in this topic

Guten tag!

My name is Abbie. I am 21. I've just moved over from Cambridge (UK) as my boyfriend moved over with a job.

At the moment I'm just settling in. Looking after the apartment and exploring.

I'd really like to meet some people to explore with and make friends.

I'm usually free so any suggestions of events or just coffee would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to meet up you can get hold of my by my email. abbiedockerill94@gmail.com

Hi all, I'm Enrico, 30, and I'll be landing in Berlin this Monday to shuffle things a bit with my life.

I am Italian but I've been living in Ireland for almost 8 years with my wife and our pets.

I come here with a job, and will settle down in a house likely in the suburbs before going back to Dublin and driving all the way to Berlin with my wife, 3 cats and 1 dog.

Hello, My mane is Barry and I am looking forward to returning to Berlin February 1. I have been captivated by Berlin since my first visit in Aug. 1989. Yes that 1989! I would like to meet with people and discuss options for moving to Berlin on a short term basis. My primary interest is history. Oh and beer. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Later gator

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura and I'm from Ireland. I'm 19 and I just moved to Berlin last week. I run a fashion blog (it's very new), like to read and explore the city. I want to meet people here and make some new friends.

I am currently looking for a job and want to improve my German skills while living here for the next 6 months.

Laura

Hey ,Everyone

I am new in Berlin and looking to make some new friends . I am 26 years old ,originally born in Latvia but moved here from NYC. Been here for over a month and getting a feeling i should be socializing more :)

Josephine

Hi everyone,

My name is Paddy, I moved here yesterday from Brighton.

I've moved over after doing long distance with my girlfriend for the best part of two years. We have a flat in Friedrichshain which seems to be a really nice area.

I'm looking for work at the moment. I am a part qualified accountant with finance experience and have been picking up info from everyone who has posted in the forums about jobs and working in Germany so thanks for that.

If anyone is up for a meet up this week or next let me know, it'd be great to hit the ground running and compare job hunts/language school advice etc.

Also I used to play quite a bit of squash, if anyone plays and fancies a game let me know - otherwise I will probably be joining Sport 2000 in the not too distant future.

Thanks again for all the posts on life/work and other stuff, looking forward to meeting some of you!

Paddy

Hi everyone,

I'm Milica (tough to pronounce, but you can call me Mikki). Just moved to Berlin with my husband and three kids (9 yo, 6 yo and a baby). We're free to socialize while our husband/father/breadwinner sweats away at work ;)

We're all looking to make some new friends.

Milica

Yo YO YO!!

So good to see all these people here! My name is George and I'm from PHilly, USA. I spent the last year in California, living on a hippie commune, where I met my German partner. When she left the states, she soon found out she was pregnant!The baby is mine, I swear! So here I am!

Still settling in for sure. I start taking German classes next week as right now, its my only way to stay in the country legally until our baby is born.

I am a drummer. I am a professional and licensed massage therapist and Reiki Master. This is how I make my living and plan to make my living when I am able to legally work.

Drop me a line if you want to grab a beer. I'm really down to earth and friendly.

gpenneyfadeeka@gmail.com

Love and Light!

Hi Guys,

just to remind you all that a few of us will be meeting tomorrow, Thursday 5th. There is usually a mix of regulars and new faces. It is a good way to meet people.

Check the thread

Berlin

Events

Thursday night drinks

Or just message me

Colin

Hello there everyone,

My name is Robert,i`m 22 years old.I am german and a big fan of the international communtiy.I have lived several years abroad in Ireland,Galway.Not sure where to hang to find new international friends i found this lovely website and here i am :) I`m a very open minded guy.I`m up for showing you around this lovely City and also help with the language barrier (if needed) :)

Take care guys

Bob

Hey everyone,

33 yr old male Canadian from Toronto about to move to Berlin at the end of the month. It would be great to meet expats and friendly Germans in Berlin, see you soon.

Hi everyone,

I'm Andrey, 27 years old male. I've recently moved to Berlin and i'm looking for new friends. I work as software developer.

I like tennis, bicycles, karting, travelling, exploring something new, or just having fun in bars.:) So i'm looking for positive people to meet with.

Please feel free to write or to add me in facebook :) www.facebook.com/FursovAndrey

Hello Folks....

I've been living in Berlin for two days and so far I have only been appeasing to my nesting instinct really. Pleased to report that my flat is feeling badass and the area i'm living in is on the surface really nice (near Schönhauser Allee...not 100% on the name of the street...there's a church nearby...)

So I thought i'd introduce myself to the community as i've been having a look at this site in the weeks leading up to me moving out here and it seems like a great idea to get to meet like-minded people. I do really want to embrace everything this city has to offer and make for myself a really memorable summer.

I shall keep an eye on the forums here to see if something catches my eye, but if anyone out there feels like a game of chess I can do civilised...I've been trying to articulate my interests but it always makes me sound like a tit. I enjoy nights out getting smashed, but I enjoy a game of chees, computer games, piano, guitar etc etc...

A little bit about myself:...My name's Alex and I used to live in the UK. I like my comedy with a liberal slap of gnarly angst, and I like my books to read in a way that would make my mum worry about me if she ever read them...the cultural figures I tend to appreciate the most include Hunter S Thompson, David Foster Wallace, Adam Curtis, Professor Brian Cox, Doug Stanhope, Mitch Hedburg, Bill Hicks, Shane Meadows, Tarrantino, Fincher...I do enjoy a drink and the 'time tends to read 4:20 a lot' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). As well as some potential chums, I'd like to meet people to collaborate on some creative projects perhaps...

Hopefully see you soon.

p.s. some people like to end their correspondance with a quote...but how about a joke?...

So this guy goes to a zoo and the only animal in the entire place is a single dog. It was a shih tzu.

p.p.s. I must learn to speak German.

https://www.facebook.com/alex.stockwell.54

alex_stockwell1845@hotmail.com

Hi guys

My names Peter, 34 year old just moved here from South Africa a week ago to be with my German fiance and am currently staying in Schönauser Allee in Berlin. Was wondering if anyone knows where one could play pool here in Berlin? one of my hobbies which I'm dying to pick up again. Im also crazy about fishing however there seems to be a lengthy process in order to get one's permit .. anyway hope to hear back from you guys ..

Cheers, Pete

You really have just arrived and obviously not stumbled across Pool and Cigars on Schönhauser Allee 36, it's part of the kulturbrauerei above Club Soda, just take the door to the left (when you stand in front of Club Soda) and go up the stairs.

Guten Tag, Bonjour, and hello to Berlin English speakers. I live mostly in Southern France, while I come to Berlin every six weeks for 12-14 days to work. I trained in 1993 in Boulder Colorado as a Rolfing body worker, (BODY IN BALANCE • MIND AT EASE) I am in continuous studies in cranial and biodynamic Osteopathy. I run 2 practices; Berlin Charlottenberg, and near Montpellier. sometimes I teach. I don't have a lot of time to MAKE contacts, but I have time to outreach and meet up with interesting and interested people. Philip Kerr is my current favorite author, and his BERNIE GUNTHER novels are my prime source of German 20th century history. I have had many careers; graphic designer, film production, film editor, photography, with interests in cutting edge science and health, evolutionary psychology/biology (Steven Pinker), Buddhist philosophy (Matteo Pistono), economics (Thomas Pikertty - Paul Krugman) and organmic cooking and diet. My family is in France, kids are tri-lingual young teens, my wife is a trilingual osteopath (from Berlin) and I feel I am still just starting out. You can see me and my photos here. www.barrybeckettphotography.com. I eat at Ishin Japanese in Bundesalle, Bateo colombian Resto in Charlottenberg, and various Thai, Indian, Lebanese eateries when I am in Berlin. I think that will do for now. Barry B.

Hello beautiful people ,my name is Felix ,i just moved to Berlin from Toronto and i am a certified caregiver / nursing assistant ( my job entails working on :a care team , with the elderly , disabled /developmentally delayed individuals , group homes e.t.c) I speak English , Italian and a couple African languages and dialects but unfortunately, basically no German( i know Danke though). and I'm looking to make any kind of new friends or find people to hang out with. I love Scrabble , soccer ,movies, Billiards, travelling and any fun stuff .

It would be awesome to meet cool people or anyone out there that's just looking for someone to hang out with and do things with, i prefer night scenes , weekends and i am available to help out with little handyman jobs ,random things...Just run it by me , who knows .

You can contact me at my e-mail: kuruptzz@yahoo.ca

+16478568656 WhatsApp only

Hey Everybody,

I am fairly new to Berlin. I moved here for work at an startup company and its been going great so far, however, with long working hours somehow I never got a chance to look around Berlin. If anybody is familiar with Berlin n would like to go out for a drink over the weekend, then feel free to write me.. Cheers!