Sending "holiday" cards to Indian business partner

6 posts in this topic

I am making a list (and checking it twice) of "holiday" card recipients (Christmas to me, but what the hell). We have some new contacts in India, and our policy is that new contacts receive a holiday card. Is this the custom? Will they be offended, amused or confused?

Thank you for feedback.

Tis custom to receive them from your contacts abroad. For when I worked with a host of colleagues all over the world, I never expected a Diwali card but me and quite a few others were glad to receive "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" cards from abroad and a bit miffed if it didnt happen. In fact some persons card would come earlier to some and later to others and the ones who didnt get it in the begining were quite often a bit off...only to see their post the next day and receive the card :)

I am making a list (and checking it twice) of "holiday" card recipients (Christmas to me, but what the hell). We have some new contacts in India, and our policy is that new contacts receive a holiday card. Is this the custom? Will they be offended, amused or confused?

Thank you for feedback.

Oh sarabyrd, thanks for reminding. Does anyone know where to buy nice cards, preferably with Munich/Bavaria views? Would really like to have something interesting, but not too expensive. Not going to send twenty bottles of wine to Finland.