Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dinner and drinks evening in Hamburg

33 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody!

We've been talking about it for a long while, now it's time to actually get something started.

Following the Munich example we want to give it another go and try to establish some regular meetings for Toytowners and friends (like Munich Curry Night or Drinks Night).

For a start we will meet at: Laufauf. This is a quite down-to-earth little place for Auflauf (casserole) and lots more. Have a look at the menuand how to get there.

On: Monday, November 20th, 2006, starting at 6 p.m. (if that's too early for you feel free to join us later)

Please sign in before November 15th, 2006 if you intend to join us, so that we have an idea about numbers.

So... don't be shy. Post here today! Tell us one of the following now:

1) yes, I'm definitely in for Monday, November 20th

2) I'm interested, but will confirm for definite nearer the date

3) I can't make this date, but am interested in future occasions

Next meet up is planned for 1-2 weeks later, at Hofbräu Hamburg. Details to follow.

Would be nice to meet you all,

Cheers,

Hammonia and Expat Mat

Hi everybody,

just to let you know, after a few requests we decided to change the date to Monday, 20th Nov. Same time, same venue.

Be there or be square ;)

H&M :rolleyes:

Well obviously I'll be there. Monday is the all-you-can eat night. They keep bringing out auflauf (savoury or sweet) until you say "Stop! Enough!" :D

Great, will count you in!

Don't want to promise too much, but friends of us are a South African/Scottish couple, have sent them the link for the meeting, hope they can make it (saw your other post asking for South Africans in Hamburg...).

Two 'probablies' here - have to see how work is at the time but looking forward to it! (not just cos of all you can eat either...)

Should be back from London by then,recently moved up from Frankfurt. Look forward meeting

everyone,will confirm next week.

Hi. Definitely...count me in. I think it's a great idea to start meeting up like the curry nights in Munich.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to it!

Dunno what Laufauf is but if no last minute request for business travel, I'll be there but more likely to make it after 7 p.m. @Hammonia and ExpatMan, thanks for organising! And hopefully we get to meet this time!

Would love to come but have plans :(

Next time then. I would like to finally meet some of you people.

Have fun :D

Just to follow up for booking Laufauf, we have 11 definites and 7 maybes for Monday night. To help us with the booking can people try and confirm if they are going to be there?

Thanks. :)

Question: How to recognise the right table?

We'll be in a separate room, just don't know yet if it's the bigger or the smaller one, they keep the reservation open for the moment.

Anyway, when you come in just go streight on and after you passed the bar it's either the first or the second room, think you might hear us speaking English then :D