Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Absolut Englischer Garten

40 posts in this topic

ok, normally I can understand the adverts from Absolut

but I dont get this one on the bus/tram stands around munich right now

anyone?

post-20-1162665820.jpg

I didn't quite get it either, but probably because I was so distracted by the current male D&G ad... :rolleyes: (sorry i don't have a picture of it, tho)

I agree with Wheel. It finally hit me today that the bottle is naked (no label), and that must be what they're getting at over at Absolut.

Another possibility I considered is that the bottle might be empty. Buncha drunks in the Englischer Garten? People not disposing properly of their litter?

It finally hit me today that the bottle is naked (no label), and that must be what they're getting at

I think so, too, but wouldn't it have made more sense to run the campaign in let's say July instead of November?

I was thinking that it was empty, and of people drinking it in the Englisher garden.

Looks more like a stage light to me... weird

@Nicky. Um, yes. It's an advertisement for Absolut Vodka.

Similar campaigns have been going on for a long time. Here's another, less confusing, example:

post-116-1162673870.jpg

@cinzia Thanks! I failed to click on the link. I only knew Absolut was vodka, hence my question. But it's a stupid ad - I'm sure there are people around who don't know all the booze names.

Or are there?

@ Nicky: Yes, this advertisement definitely requires both a high awareness of the product and of some of the general quirks of the city.

It's just occurred to me that Absolut doesn't carry a label. They print the info directly on the bottle. So the bottle is indeed naked compared to an everyday Absolut bottle.

come on, the Absolut ads are some of the biggest well know world wide ads around. There are coffeetable books of the ads. There are different postcards with the the ads on them at all the bars and restaurants around. I personally have a huge stack of them. They also have an Absolut recipe on the back side of the cards.

I personally like one from a few years ago (sorry no scan) of the Absolute Ofest- it was empty lederhosen in the shape of a Absolute bottle.

Most of the ads don't carry the Bottle name on the bottle, just the shape, its such a recognizable shape, how

could one not recognize it? :blink:

The newest ad- Absolut Pinokothek is a bottle (with label) being painted in the bottom right corner, with the recipe on the back- Absolut Pinakothek- 2cl Absolut, 1 Spritzer trockener Vermouth (spelt Wermuth in german :huh: ), 1 spritzer Simple Syrup (what ever the hell that is?) and Strawberry. Mix all in a cocktail shaker, shake, pour over ice and serve with strawberry in a martini glass.

simple syrup is a water/sugar mix. basically something like 2 parts sugar to 1 part water or something like that. you boil the water, dump in the sugar, stir and let the sugar dissolve then let it stand to cool.

also known as bar sugar, or the sugar you use to make rock candy

I thought English Gardens are a term (not used in England) in Continental Europe which defines a garden that is suppossed to look like a natural terrain. It will usually have a monopteros and lake, but it is designed not to look designed, at least someone named Capability Brown tried to make gardens like that.

Just saw the post aboput Pinakothek, maybe they are focusing on Munich places.

Have just been trying to find "that " D&G ad online somewhere, but no dice. Like inka, I was distracted by it too... and didn't get the Absolut ad :ph34r: ... they are on rotation at the bus stop near the Viktualenmarkt.

I thought English Gardens are a term (not used in England) in Continental Europe which defines a garden that is suppossed to look like a natural terrain. It will usually have a monopteros and lake, but it is designed not to look designed, at least someone named Capability Brown tried to make gardens like that.

Just saw the post aboput Pinakothek, maybe they are focusing on Munich places.

That would also be known as an Absolut weed garden!

It an indication of pure quality. as thats what an English garden means to continentals.

It does? :huh: That's news to me.