Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Outdoor swimming pools in Munich

10 posts in this topic

Dantebad has 2 outdoor pools open all year.. I've even been there when it's snowing! there's a heated 50m with laned areas and a smaller one for relaxing with a whirlpool and jacuzzi type thing. There are also 4x 25m outdoor pools but they're not heated and only open in the summer. No indoor pool though and it's a bit pricey at €6,30... However, it's usually not so buy as the others and there aren't so many pikies!

post-1-1090420586.jpg

You can swim in the Isar River, lots of people do it around Tierpark in Thalkirchen. Lots of nekkidness too :o There's also an enclosed park/swimming area that you can pay to swim at in the area, can't remember the name offhand though.

A couple of the outdoor pools are 50m too. I can't remember it's name, but the one at the north end of Luitpoldpark is 50m. Schyrenbad I think is as well. But good luck trying to swim lengths during the day when the kids are in there.

I finally got to check out Dantebad. It's WAY better than the other pools I've been too. There are 4 or 5 separate pools - all outdoors. There is even one 50 metre pool thats excellent for training in. It is even heated in the winter apparently. It was only €3something to get in too , so was really cheap.

The only bad thing I heard was that apparently there are a lot of serious triathletes who hang out there. Apparently they usually have a Harem of doting girls and look down on people with non traithelte physiqes with disdain (such as myself!) - tut tut. Ah that sounds kinda funny though.

I plan to go up there once or twice a week if I can.

I have never noticed any hunky triathletes... better get some prescription goggles... ;)

But yes, it is by far the most spacious pool (I got sick of being drowned by 3 year-olds in the Nordbad) and after 9.30pm it is heaven, lovely outside and warm, and you get the bubbly bits all to yourself!

Need to do some open water swimming this weekend...

Went upto Amersee last weekend and that seems a good location but there seems to be a fair amount of boat traffic about and I don't fancy getting chewed up by a propeller..

Anybody know any good clean swimming lakes close to munich ???

The lake at Unterschleissheim on the S1 is really nice. Usually not too many people there either. Great, inexpensive beer garden there too!

cheers petal.. Found out you can swim at the olympic regatta pool in Oberschleissheim..

2,230m long and 140m wide.. That should do the trick! :) As long as I don't get mown down by some rowboat..

ferringasee or however u spell it is nice...when we went last month the water was sooo cleanr and soooo clear...was really nice... and theres no boats cuz its kinda small. but yea.