Ski trips from Frankfurt

38 posts in this topic

@Hutcho: I think currymadras means the amount of holiday that you get for haivng worked for 3 months (at least that´s what I understood)

Yeah i get 30 days holiday but i started my job in October so only got 3 months' worth of holiday entitlement for this year. If I got 3 months holiday bloody hell I would either be French or Tony Blair :D

Yea but that means you get 7.5 days for this year :D

You'd only need to take 3 days off to go home for a week and a half at Xmas. You'd need 27th,28th and 29th. So you could fly back on Friday 22nd and come back NEw Years Day which is a Monday <_<

Hmm that's a good point!

I'll have a chat to you on Sat but i reckon i could definitely be tempted :)

Have you and Mr Muffin & his mates sorted out your accomm yet?

Thx silly point. ^_^

I was also searching for accommodation in Soelden and Kaprun. Any recommendations?

Have a nice weekend.

Haus Auer-Fiegl=25 daily soelden

Apartment Pension Bergfried= 42 daily Kaprun

lowest I found

I had my first lessons last year and developed a definite taste for snowboarding and even bought a set of boots which actually fit my feet (much better than those rentals!) but not had a chance to use them yet!

If anything is happening then please tell me and I'll definately come if I can make it. I'm in the beginner camp still, and will be there for some time until I get enough courage to brave a slope!

Got plenty of Holiday left this year too - Woo hoo!

Hi Billy,

Am defo up for doing a trip before Xmas...not sure as yet if i'll make it to Kaprun at the same time Muffin is going. Might be wiser to do something a bit nearer if we're both beginners to avoid a 9 hour drive! Will have to see whether they're likely to get any decent snow in the Bavarian Alps before Christmas...

The Bavarian alps are only probably 1.5 hours closer than Kaprun, so either way, if you want to go to the Alps you have a long drive ahead of you!

Frieburg is close to us, its not a favourite for seasoned ski-ers but should be Ok for beginners. Question is whether there is snow there, which I have no idea! Anyone know?

Season on the Feldberg does not start until December 4th :P Mind you that is not too long away really is it?

I imagine not much snow there at the moment if any :(

Oh dear, what have I done??? I've just joined the Heidelberg Ski Club and signed up for two trips, one to Lenk and other to Bad Hofgastein!

Wondered if anyone could tell me where I could get some K2 snowboarding wrist guards? I'd rather get these than a pair of gloves with them already in, so I can use my existing gloves separately. Is there a shop that sells these? (My K2 in-liner wrist guards are too bulky for my gloves, do K2 make snowboard ones which are thinner?)

Tks for your help. Oh, anyone interested in tripping down to Feldberg some weekend too? I seem to have caught the bug!!!

You seem pretty set on K2 for some reason, but I just bought some cheap rollerblading wrist guards, and then fit under my gloves fine..

Hi Hutcho, Am happy to try any others too, but most people I know have recommended K2 which is why I went with them on my inliner gear. They have also mentioned Burton stuff, they have a factory in Austria. Being a newbie to snowboarding, I'm in listening mode, so any suggestions?

I would say don't worry about the brand at all and just get one that fits. K2 is not a big name in snowboarding anyway..

@ Billy take your gloves to the shop when you get the wristguards!

Mine are from Dakine and are just about thin enough to fit under my gloves. I had the same problem that my roller blading ones were too big. I actually have two pairs of the Dakine boarding ones since Prob +1 decided to neglect to put one of my bags into the car for our ski trip I had to get new ones whilst I was there. Hence I now own three pairs of wrist guards :huh:

I would offer you the other pair but I am thinking your wrists might be a bit bigger than mine :ph34r:

Oh and best place I can think of to get them is Railslide in Frankfurt.

Hi Muffin!

Thanks for the great advice, I haven't got any guards yet as it was a holiday here in Heidelberg and its enviorns on Saturday, and all the shops were closed!! So will definately try that shop you mentioned! You're probably right, your guards would be too small for my hands and thanks for offering!

Looking for some good snowboarding his season!!! By the way, try pizza and cosmic bowling, its really fun!!! :P