Ski trips from Frankfurt

38 posts in this topic

Hi :) Im new to the area and I read many post on Munich section about ski day trips that cost 100 euro and less. Im curious if there are any bus companies and such around Frankfurt that also have day trips for ski season 2006-07. I appreciate any input. Have a nice day.

There is the Perfect Sunday offered by skimaxx. I have not been on any of those trips but they look like they might be worth trying it for a days skiing!

For weekend trips you might also want to try the Frankfurt International Ski Club They are a mixed bunch of people and I had a great time when I went to Ischgl with them at the end of last season

Going from Darmstadt there is also the ESOC ski club. I have not been any of their trips yet but my boyfriend raves about them and I'll be trying a few this season. They are slightly cheaper than the FISC trips. You do have to pay a bit more if you don't work for the space people but it is not very much and still cheaper than the FISC ones as they include ski pass.

You can go on the bus from Munich for much less than 100 euros a day - more like between 30 and 40 euros including day pass.

From Frankfurt this is going to be a lot harder cause it really is a lot further away from the slopes. I wouldn't have thought that day trips would be possible (not to the Alps anyway)

Edit: After looking at Purple Muffin's link it seems I might have been wrong, but that is going to be one hardcore day. 5 hours each way at least!

I wouldn't have thought that day trips would be possible

They are as long as you don't mind getting on the bus at 3am!!

They cost about 59€ from Frankfurt depending on the trip.

I know I am the same. Off to Stubai next Thursday only 8 more sleeps!!

Actually only 7 more sleeps as I won't sleep the night before for the excitement :D

Keeping fingers crossed on the snow front :P

Well if anyone is keen on doing a weekend or day ski trip (Schwarzwald maybe?) in a few weeks time when there's some snow I am happy to organise it :D

I am a beginner so it will have to be somewhere that has a ski school! It is probably cheaper to pool cars together and book smaller hotels than going on an organised trip i would guess...i am a buyer so i will make sure i get some good rates!!

Plus call me a cheapskate but i don't see the point in staying in a nice hotel when you're on the slopes all day and in the bar all evening...all you need is somewhere to kip at night!

I am off nov 9-12 that's veteran weekend. My friends and I are interested in snowboarding trip but we dont know where we going yet. Maybe garmisch or further down south. We live about 3omins from Frankfurt and we usually drive to Bottrop on the weekends, since most of us are beginner/intermediate.

Maybe we can get together, the more the merrier ^_^

Might sound like a stupid question but is there an all year slope in Bottrop or something?! How far is it from Frankfurt area?

Sure, i will post something a bit nearer the time if there is some interest and will arrange a Chickenmadras Tours Ski Trip B)

I am always up for going skiing/snowboarding.

Bottrop is quite aa drive I reckon about 2 1/2 hours from Frankfurt maybe? It is an indoor hall yes I guess good for beginners.

We could arrange a trip and hook up with Munich TTers maybe?

I am also off to Kaprun start of December driving ourselves so there could be potential for more people. We got an apartment for 20€ each per night quite good value :D

There were quite a bunch of us in Munich last year who went basically every weekend, often to Skiwelt but also to other places.

Stubai should be looking good for you next Thursday - forecast looks like they'll get 50cm of fresh snow over the next few days. Pity you're not going this Thursday!

@ PM - work trips permitting i'm definitely up for tagging along and will be able to take one passenger too once i get my new car :D

@ Jonnyboy i'm a novice too so maybe a couple of shorter trips to the Schwarzwald (3 hour drive) are what we need to get some practice on the baby slopes

I've said i don't mind doing the organising :P

If the resort you're going to is pretty good then i'll rally the troops and sort out hotels etc. The big advantage you have over me is that i don't have a scooby doo where the best pistes are and how long it takes to drive to them!

phew

Well myself, boyf plus 2 or 3 of his mates from the UK are heading to Kaprun first weekend in December Wednesday to Sunday so there is a possibility there...

Hmm travel Thursday, then Friday & Sat skiing then back Sunday...that's tempting. Will have to check how much holiday i've got.

Yeah could do but because I've only got 3 months worth of holiday allowance i will probably need most of it to go home for a week at Christmas.

What's it like for beginners there - is there a ski school?

Only 3 months? Thats taking the piss, even by German standards.. maybe you mean weeks..