Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Touch Rugby training

1,711 posts in this topic

If you've not heard already, here's the tournament results from Vienna (cheers Esther):

Munich came 6th out of 10 teams, with a great scorecard though!

group games:

2:3 vs Brussels Celtics

2:3 vs Glasgow Spiders (who were the winners of the tournament, vs. Zurich Geezers in the final)

3:0 vs Vienna A-Team (2nd team - they love the tune)

4:0 vs Barbarians

game for 5th/6th place:

3:4 IrishFurters

(we played with 3 girls on the pitch at all times, whereas the other team had only one girl on the pitch at times. Also we were short on guys as Andreas twisted his ankle in the game before and Lok was injured too - but heck, it's not bad is it?)

Player's player: Ani

Many thanks to all supporters and to Vienna for putting on a great tournament!

are you still meeting to play it? i like rugby, but i never found enought people to practice it. i just played time ago and i thought that not all the rules were applied. if you still practice and rookies are accepted i will join as soon as possible. see you

Yes. We play Sundays at 11am and also do some training on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30pm, all at the English Gardens location shown above on the map.

If you are a beginner then we will teach you how to play.

We now also have our own web site www.touchmuenchen.com, with its own 'Forum' section for posting.

ok, i would apreciate your lessons, it's ok if i go tomorrow morning? should i wear something in particular or it's ok just sports clothes

Are you guys playing on Sundays throughout the winter? I'd like to come by if you are, or join up when you get going for the season.

No. The ground is frozen. When it thaws out we will begin again.

Also check out www.touchmuenchen.com/forum -- our discussions now take place there.

At this rate, we might soon be playing "aqua touch", but training is back on. We were pleased to see so many newbies last Sunday, even with the "iffy" weather.

Our first German tournament of the season will be taking place this weekend in Berlin. Last year, Touch Muenchen came home with the trophy, and hopefully, we will bring it home again. As such, if you are interested in playing touch this Sunday, please keep an eye on the forum touch muenchen forum

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if Touch Rugby is still on the next couple of days/weeks?

Thanks

Silke (I know, I am German, but used to play a bit in London :-)) but we got Training break and end of season at my usual sports at the moment and I was looking for some sports outside and close by and most of all with a bunch of internationals)

yeah it's on. Quite a few players are in Berlin this weekend for a tournament so not sure how many people will turn up on sunday, though there should be enough for a game.