Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Touch Rugby training

1,711 posts in this topic

ah Pootle, but you really got into the spirt! Impressed me!

Question- when was the last time you ran up and down a field for an hour??

I guess last time I ran up and down a rugby field properly was 7 years ago.

Last time I did any gym work was almost 2 years ago.

Last night served as a perfect example of why I should be back to the gym...(now what time does the beer garden open...)

P

it was standing around at gms that did it pootle. get a stool next time.

ok so 7pm next week. I will be finishing work around 5pm, anyone want to get together a bit earlier (say 1830) to have a throw around?

If the weathers nice, shall we head to Chinesse Tower instead of GM's??

P

yep i can get there at 6:30 which shouldn't be a problem unless some herman here forgets something.

Editor's note: for previous weeks see the Touch Rugby discussion archive

6:30 at the tower sounds good to me.

since I probably won't recognise anyone, can someone pm me a mobile number just in case. I will be wearing my Deutschland Trikot (Black with flashes of red and gold), so will be easy to recognise.

Weatherforecast is good for next week so all the ladies will no excuses. I asked the coach of the Deutschland ladies team to join us but unfortunately she runs sprint training for her team on tuesdays.

Just to save confusion..

Normal meeting place will be 7pm at the OhmStr entrance to the English Gardens... (one street parallel to Gisellestr).

and if the weather is good Chinese Tower sounds great.

Graham.. we don't actually go as far as the tower.. go over the bridge and you'll see us on the right...

I'll try and make it a bit earlier too.

here is a bit of an incentive for all you guys ;) and girls :D out there to come and play touch:

This picture was taken in Jersey last weekend during the European Touch Championships. Jackie is also an Ex-pat living here in Munich and plays every sunday in the English Gardens!

post-10-1089826177.jpg

I've just noticed this thread! I'd be really interested in playing and shock, horror, I am female and I have played a good bit of touch rugby before.

However, I can't make 7pm in the evenings as I'm in German class in Joseph's Platz until 7.30pm. Graham, if I came along on a Sunday do you think there'd be a chance of me joining a team?

Yahoo! Jills, maybe we could do a training on Sunday with you, and you can play with us on the 28th anyway!

HELP!!! :D

anyone and everyone should come along and play with us on sundays (in the english gardens between Chinese tower and Seehaus on the big grassy area) from 11am. Afterwards we all go for a well earned drink at the chinese tower :)

do I need to buy new booties, or will trainers do? I used to have football boots for hockey, but a couple of studs have fallen off so I'll break my ankle if I use them... :o

As I am playing tomorrow!! What time do you play until? I have to be somewhere afterwards so wont stay all night, plus my hamstring is playing up a little :rolleyes:

Trainers worked last week (except for the times I fell)...This week should be no different. :P

except for the times I fell

I heard you dived ;)

im actualy going to defend somebody!!! :blink:

canuk did not dive, he practised his “momentum try

Gideon in defence shock horror, I dont normally defend anyone - I cant run that fast :)

See poeple at englischer garten tonight. I should be at the place we played on last week from around 630pm. Will have ball with me for anyone who wants to turn up before the 7pm start

Handy number available via PM.

P

OK, I've got my knee support, steel-capped bra and oven gloves (to stop interference), and am ready to go!

:D

And I got a camera for tonight too - I wanna see these oven gloves in action...

P