Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1st Bavarian Open Touch Rugby Champs 28/9.Aug.2004

37 posts in this topic

HI guys!

just popped in to the office to confirm a few things (spend about €50 on the mobile today phoning around)

here are the facts:

Teams competing are Touch Berlin, Touch München and of course the prospective gold-medal winners, Toytown Touch!

meeting time is 09:30am at the Klossterwise in FFB.

First match starts at 10am so be punctual or early if possible

(the S4 leaves Hauptbahnhof at 08:32 and arrives at 08:56. The next leaves 20 mins later) I am not sure how long it takes to walk from the station but would allow 10-15 mins.

Each team plays four matches. The best two placed teams will play a final.

I reckon we will be finished by 16:00-17:00.

There are changing rooms available so bring you party clothes to change into afterwards!

Afterwards we go to the Ark where Harry has kindly agreed to sponsor us by giving each PLAYER one free fosters and 20% off food. Good one Harry!

Any questions please call me on my mobile: 0174-2039720.

CU Sat

Graham

btw Sunday morning will be a mixed game (we mix up the sides) for fun combined with a bit of referee coaching for the those that want to learn to ref (the more the better cos I hate being the bastard in the middle. Would much rather whinge and moan about someone else)

Well I'm backing you guys for at least a bronze! Don't let me down... ;)

Seriously though, good luck all, and enjoy the games.

thanks jimbo!!

give us a t, give us an o, give us another song which wont last three hours to sing...

here are the pictures I took yesterday.

Some nice stuff there. Well done to the TT poeple. Wish I could have stayed longer.

P

post-20-1093782567.jpgpost-20-1093782579.jpgpost-20-1093782627.jpgpost-20-1093782664.jpg

Excellent photos pootle, thanks for lugging the camera + your mobile office out to the grounds...!

Yep it was a good day - the sun was relentless, the opposition was relentless, and the search for a beer garden close by was, of course, relentless. Kudos to everyone who turned up to play or support - TT definitely provided a full squad of players and negotiated some "transfer fees" for loaning players to Munich and Berlin! Also thanks to head cheerleader/water boy Ryan, without whom TT would have dehydrated before lunchtime.

Graham is bound to post something soon about how Munich Touch continue playing through the winter if anyone is interested in keeping up with the touch rugby, so will leave that to him.

Well done TTT - for 6 weeks of practice we certainly were no disgrace to ourselves on the field :P

Steve

have to agree with steve with all the sentiments and thanks. oh, does anybody know how i got home :blink: cos the last thing i remember was sing the national anthem because of the mens 4x100 relay and playing the phizz/bang drinking game.

Graham does't have computer access alot of this week so he asked me to post a few related thing.

if you want a 'deutschland touch' shirt then post your request with required shirt number (no chewy not an E) to RLC.MACGREGOR@T-ONLINE.DE. the shorts,if you order them are quiet 'tight' so girls are reccomended not to go to small (think beach volleyball)

also there's going to be a full weekend training at erfurt, costs 20 euros for the whole weekend, but travel has o be worked out seperatley. the weekend starts evening 11th september and finishes on the 12th. more details on tuesday at the tuesday touch (before the tuesday drinking).

once again... give us a 'T'!! well done all of us.

Also, @gus - think I have your bag from Saturday, you left it at the grounds. Are you going to be there tomorrow (Tues) night? if so then will bring it along.

S

:blink:

I can do prints of the pictures if people want em, or can burn the complete set onto a CD. I wouldnt recommend trying to print from the JPG's online, they have had their resolutions dropped so I can keep file sizes small.

P

Wow, those pics are fantastic! I am so proud of us, we did SO well after so little time!

Thanks to Pootle, Toast and Iceberg for the fab support, you are saints.

oh, does anybody know how i got home blink.gif  cos the last thing i remember was sing the national anthem because of the mens 4x100 relay and playing the phizz/bang drinking game.

I think the reason you don't know how you got home is because of your shockingly bad performance in the aforementioned drinking game ;)

i know i can't count after seven beers. one two three four phizz. will practice more secretley at home.

I made my way out there as well to support the team... real fun to watch the game. My parents and I enjoyed swinging by to watch the opening match and try to figure out what the heck was going on. Jenny filled us in on all the action of the subsequent games.

We were quite impressed at how many games total were played. After watching just the first game I was tired ... don't know how you guys did it.

Everyone looked great out there ... nice work!