Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1st Bavarian Open Touch Rugby Champs 28/9.Aug.2004

37 posts in this topic

on the weekend of the 28-29 August the first ever Bavarian Open Touch rugby tournment will take place in Fürstenfeldbruck (10 minute walk from the S-Bahn station)

Mixed Teams from Munich, Memmingen, Fürstenfeldbruck, Frankfurt, Bremen, Braunschweig, Berlin plus touring teams from Scotland will take part. There will also be international matches for the mens and ladies teams between Germany and Scotland.

If you are intersted in playing (new players, especially women, are always welcome and you will always get a chance to take part since the number of teams taking part is not restricted) or just want to come along to watch send a mail to touch.rugby@freenet.de for further details or post a message here and I will get in contact.

does anybody fancy forming a "Toytown Team"? B)

All you need are a mimum of 3 guys and 3 women, with a maximum of 14 players per team. Most teams will have about 10 players. a minumum of three women always have to be on the pitch, so about 5-6 women an 5-6 men per team is better.

I'd be interested.. know a couple of other too. Am at the Curry night this week so catch you there.

I think Kendy conned a few people into this one when they were under the influence ;)

Without referencing Kendy's little black book so far we are:

Ladies-

Belinda ?? (You know you want to)

Kendy

JoolyBooly

Laura

Guys-

Phil

Fede

SteveNZ

SK04

Any more takers? Don't be shy...

We have a few weeks to train so should pick an evening next week to meet... does 7-8pm next Tuesday in the English Gardens work for everyone? (Followed by TT Tuesday drinks)

@ Graham

Have you got a Rugby ball by chance?

Can you cofirm the rules ie. touch and pass or is it more like Rugby League?

How long is the game and can you have rolling subs?

oh dear! i'd completely forgotten that kendy had roped me into this. do i get lots of padding and a pistol?

@ellewood- a deal with the devil ;) Phil mentioned some prematch Vodka as proactive pain relief.

@SteveNZ. Perfect... cheers.

@all... can all who can make Tuesday 7pm confirm?

Suggested English Garden locations are i) the big empty meadow close to Studentenstadt U6 uBahn (3 stops above Munchner Freiheit)

or ii)

fields somewhere between Ohmstr entrance (Ubahn Gisellestr) and the Roman follie.

OR ?

@pootle

I thought the idea of running around trying to touch girls...legally.. would appeal to you :P

hmmm, like I said, I'll be on holiday all next week. I'll run up and down a mountain or two and if I survive, I'll have a go!

Did you find that female jockstrap for me yet? Girls, anyone have a spare reinforced bra?!

:unsure:

mmmm.. i'm tempted.

stopped playing years ago because a designer with a broken hand is worth jack shit.

put a link up with the rules graham!!!

@gideon There's a link with the rules in my earlier post - Graham, same rules you play?

Anyone know where to buy a rugby ball in Munich? Went to Sports Extreme store near work in Olympiazentrum but American Football was the closest I could get??

@ steveNZ

would a rugby league rugby ball do the job? could probably get my hands on one of those...

Hmm

After my stupid commitment on tuesday evening, I ordered a rugby ball yesterday from kiwisport.

I did a search of some of the sport shops here and found nothing :(

Whats a welshman without a rugbyball...

P

@pootle you are a LEGEND!!

who would have thought eh... a German website dedicated to rugby paraphenalia (sp?)

Brilliant :P