New in Nuremberg (or new to this forum)

256 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm Christine and I just moved back to Nuremberg together with my 10 month old daughter after living in Denver, CO for the past 3 years. What a culture shock LOL.

I'm living close to the zoo and I'm very excited about being back and meeting English-speakers in the area. :-)

I will definitely attend some of the meetups within the next weeks, but feel free to drop me a line! I would love to meet many new friends!!

Christine

Whats up everybody!?

I'm Gerrit, 22, and moved to Lauf, close to Nuremberg a few weeks ago. I didn't know there was a whole community for English speakers in Nuremberg, that's pretty tight. I heard you guys have get-togethers? Something about curry? Not a big fan of curry but I'd love to meet other English speakers! :)

oh btw, I'm from Bellingham, WA, which is very close to Vancouver, BC.

Hi Gerrit,

No more curry nights... but on Wednesdays we have an eating out night called "Adventures In Eating Out" (link).

Also if you've got no responsibilities at the weekend, some of us younger Nuremberg folk are usually out drinking on a Saturday afternoon, night, late-night.

usually start at Finnegans for the afternoon football (soccer) matches and then head out elsewhere. Matahari is a pretty awesome bar, and we'll pick up some randommers along the way and head to some other bars.

right on, I know where Finnegans is. The Bundesliga games start around 1600 right? I'll try and head out there tomorrow. Who should I look for?

Hello all. I am Bernardo and I just arrived 3 weeks ago from Portugal to Erlangen in Germany, North of Nuremberg.

Currently I am employed in Siemens and I am gonna stay in Germany for 1 or 2 years at least.

I am living in a small apartment in Erlangen center, and so far everything is going good, apart from my crappy internet connection which I am still trying to sort out! Apart from that, all is well!

I would like to know more about people living in Erlangen area and wanting to meet up for a drink or two, or perhaps more even!

Btw, I am a drummer, if any band in the area (not too serious project) needs a drummer, gimme a call.

Cya all!

Hello,

I am new to Nuremberg and the form.. found it by accident and was pleasantly surprised...

I am in Nuremberg for 2 weeks from work and would love to meet English speaking people to hangout with and soak in the culture... I will be working during the day so evening are fair game..

About me:

I am From Ottawa, Canada and of Indian origin

27 Male...

I am basically looking to make friends and see the place through a local's eyes.

Hi. My name is Heather, and my husband Eric and I just moved from Dallas, TX to Fürth 2 weeks ago (we were in a hotel in Nürenberg for about a month before we got our apartment).

We are interested in meeting with other English speakers who can help show us around our new home. We are both in our 30's, no kids, and enjoy scharf food (which seems to be in short supply here)

Can't wait to meet others on the board!

Hi,

I'm Christina and live in Erlangen. I'm German and would love to meet

English native speakers. I study English and French to become a teacher.

I am very interested in different coutries, different cultures...I spent a year in Paris and

apart from a week in Oxford and 3 weeks in the United States I never had the chance

of going to an English-speaking country.

If you're new in Franconia and want to meet people, don't hesitate to contact me.

It would be great to hear from you!!!

Christina :rolleyes:

Hi! I just found Toytown by accident and am elated to find there's a group of native English speakers in Nuremberg!

I'm in the process of moving to Nuremberg (married a German) and will be completely moved (more or less) by mid December.

We're trying to find a place that will accept our 2 Dobermans (they're currently in San Francisco and will be shipped soon) and are finding that it's a bit difficult to find pet friendly places. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Also I'm shipping my car from the US to Germany and it will arrive in Bremenhaven. Does any one have any experience on this?

Can't wait to take part in the Adventures in Eating Out when I'm fully moved!

Thanks so much for any assistance given!

Hi all. I'm new at this. My name is Gail. 30 yrs female. Would love to make friends in Nuernberg, who speaks English & German. Up for drinks, a cup of coffee, a day in the city (shopping) and etc. Just someone to talk too...PM me!

Hi Gail239!

On Wednesday nights, a lot of us (lately, it's been around 8 - 12 people) meet up for "Adventures in Eating Out". Basically, it's just a bunch of us from Toytown meeting up to hang out and try different restaurants around town.

Tonight, we're meeting at Tadsch Mahal, an Indian restaurant, at 7:30pm — and you're more than welcome to attend. Some people who attend speak both English and German quite well. (Some are even native German speakers.)

Also, there's supposedly some English/German stammtisch that happens sometimes too, but I've inquired and never received a response when (if?) it actually happens.

Welcome to Nuremberg!

Hey my name is Alex and i was born in Germany. If anyone knows about Ziegelstein well that is my old Neighborhood. Can i apply for a german passport (reisepass) if i live in America?

Hi All

Im new to the forum so thought I would say hello!

Im from the UK, and came to Germany as part of my MBA studues in April, got offered a job and never left!

Ive recently moved to Nürnberg, and have met a lot of interesting people, but it would be so great to be able to talk english again with someone who is a native speaker! I think Im forgetting my English, which is strange as I cant speak German!

Hope to see you at the 'adventrues' meetings...

Im from the UK, and came to Germany as part of my MBA studues in April, got offered a job and never left!

Hi Dee, my only involvement with ex-pats at the moment is via this board, but Id be interested in your MBA experiences in Germany as Ive just finished mine (MBA (Open) ;-) ). I did it for fun and for myself but id be interested in hearing if and how it got you a job.

My situation is different in that Ive been here 20 years, I speak fluent German and I already have an executive level job, but thats not to say I wouldnt like a different one...

Drop me a pM if you like.

andy M