Favourite German words

469 posts in this topic

Join the club gypsyMarianne, although I expect john g. will be around shortly.

Do you have a favourite Mannschaft?

My favourite German words:

Gutschein

Guthaben :)

john, I believe you have outgrown irony

You´re right, Kübe!!! :D I´ve meanwhile also outgrown common sense..it´s a downward path!!

Join the club gypsyMarianne, although I expect john g. will be around shortly.

Do you have a favourite Mannschaft?

Thanks,art, I take that as a compliment! I´m probably the oldest teenager on these threads. I atill listen to "oh, what a drag it is getting old" (Mick and co.)...

You´re right, Kübe!!! I´ve meanwhile also outgrown common sense..it´s a downward path!!

Over the hill so to speak, me too :(

Wow! 23 pages, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but my favorite German word is Brustwarzenvorhof. It just sounds sexy and rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it? :P

PROXAK (ye of the capital letters!): you´ve done it..you´ve managed to pick a word to sum up a man´s dreams..and take them away again...the Brust bit was a good start..then came the Warzen bit..then came the neutral bit " Vorhof".. :D (Disclaimer: don´t know what a Vorhof is but the night is young...)

" Vorhof"..

the place before the Hof.When you are inside the outer gate but have not made the sanctuary yet.Or in other words, you have been let in the house door but not made it to the living/bedroom yet.

the place before the Hof.When you are inside the outer gate but have not made the sanctuary yet.Or in other words, you have been let in the house door but not made it to the living/bedroom yet.

Gaber:you mean..I buy myself dinner, wine and dine myself and pay myself compliments and still have to bribe the concierge to get into the bedroom? AAAARGH! Cruel world! :D

PROXAK (ye of the capital letters!): you´ve done it..you´ve managed to pick a word to sum up a man´s dreams..and take them away again...the Brust bit was a good start..then came the Warzen bit..then came the neutral bit " Vorhof".. (Disclaimer: don´t know what a Vorhof is but the night is young...)

john g. (ye of all lower case letters!) I'm surprised, how long have you lived in Germany? Although I'll admit there probably aren't as many "vorhöfe" here in Germany. It means front yard. And Brustwarzenvorhof, while literally translated is "breast warts front yard", means areola. It sounds so much sexier in German, doesn't it? :D

Fernfahrerfotze - defined as three pounds of ground beef (or mince, if you prefer) in a Thermos bottle