Rock im Park - music festival

51 posts in this topic

More bands added.

Why the fk is Jared Leto bringing his shitty band with him to this? I don't get it.

post-4210-1174037379_thumb.jpg

Anybody going from Munich that wants to organize something as a group? I went the last 2 years with some friends, but they all moved (or are soon moving) back to the US so I am kind of stuck this year. We camped both times, on the outskirts of things (as I'm not a party-round-the-clock kinda guy).

Had a bit of trouble last year as we were informed you can't bring glass in... yeah, we had 5 cases of bier in glass. But a backpack and an unguarded section of fence took care of that. Anyway, wouldn't mind staying in a hotel but then you miss the 3lbs of meat per day on the grill...

I'm definitely going for Pumpkins, Linkin Park, Evanescence, DMB, Korn, Velvet Revolver, and The Hives. :) Others tbd once they finalize the schedule...

MoilV, I'm staying at Hotel Bayerische Hof by the Hauptbahnhof, been there before, it's OK €65 per night single room

I'm going for Die Aerzte, Muse (hopefully not rained off like Hurricane last year), Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, White Stripes, Gogol Bordello, Scissor Sisters, Travis & Kaiser Chiefs

A few of us have already got our tickets for the 3 days already, although not up for camping after seeing the campsites (??) Luckily we live in Nürnberg so we can at least go home each night.

The line-up is really good and well worth going.

http://bands.rock-im-park.de/

A few of us have already got our tickets for the 3 days already, although not up for camping after seeing the campsites (??) Luckily we live in Nürnberg so we can at least go home each night.

Are the campsites different from past years? I usually try to stay in one of the remote ones on the edge, near a fence or something. Last 2 years we had plenty of space, was not TOO loud, and we could sneak in glass beer bottles ;-) although I recommend plastic to avoid problems.

Is anyone planning to camp?

-dave

We only saw the people camping around the lake (bit too close to the water for my liking), and the camping area on the hill, just across the road from where they put the main stage last year. It was the 'sewage' stench from that camping area that made us feel relieved that we didn't camp there :( ...although I cannot comment on what the quieter camping areas were like!

good idea...but for Pearl jam...anyway, I told them to come see me if they can and to try and chat to Jan delay coz he's cool init...Think it would look funny too, jan delay walking around and drinking with a bunch of metallists...

I just hope there won´t be any problem,some of my friends gonna watch this rock concert.

Hey folks!

Just wondering if anyone has been to this before?

Tickets are being sold for this year still at a reduced price, 130E roughly...

Was just wondering if anyone knew how much it goes up to at full price... i.e. how much tickets were last year i guess would be a good indication.

Thanks very much.

Andy.

Just wondering if anyone has been to this before?

Several times. Ive sworn never to go again.

Tickets are being sold for this year still at a reduced price, 130E roughly...

Ive seen a couple of places advertising that as a "Frühbucherpreis" but according to the website thats the full price. its actually €135,- plus charges so youll end up paying something like 138,-. That includes an unavaoidable €5,- rubbish deposit (you get a bag and have to give it up again to get your deposit back) and the possibility of camping, but they appear to only be guaranteeing a camping space if you buy an extra ticket for 25,-

i.e. how much tickets were last year i guess would be a good indication.

The same as this year.

Personally, I hate Rock Im Park and avoid it like the plague (despite living nearby) unless really unmissable Bands are playing. The pissed-up-sixteen-year-old-who doesnt-watch-any-of-the-bands factor is just too high and the moronic crowd can ruin enjoyment of even the bands I do want to see (standing among 30000 idiots who only knew and wanted to hear "Seven Nation Army" didnt do anything for the White Stripes two years ago). That said, I have had some nice surprises and new discoveries on the alternastage and in the tents (Enter Shikari, 36 Crazyfists, Charlotte Hatherley). Watching the arthritic old men who call themselves Metallica wheeze through "master of puppets" again on the main stage just doesnt float my boat at all, Im afraid.

If you really like the bands on offer, go for it (this year its going to be more metal than ever, it appears) otherwise Southside is usually an altogether better deal. Better Bands, nicer people, better location.

Andy.

Dto.

Just had a look at the lineup - Theres sonme good stuiff amongst the drivel: Bloc Party, Enter Shikari (yay!), Gallows (even more yay - I would almost go to RiP just to see them), The Gaslight Anthem, The Killers, The Subways but they will almost certainly be alternastage or club tent (possibly apart from the Killers). Billy Talent and Placebo have been bitterly disappointing every time theyve played and otherwise theres just too much stuff thats been on too often (Mando Diao, AGAIN! Jan Delay! Now even MORE boring!) or only interesting for 14-year old my-mummy-wont-let-me-grow-my-hair-longer-than-this Nu-Metallers (Bizkit, Skipknot, Manson, Korn, Killswitch, blah).

Id probably go and take a peek at Dragonforce though, as long as nobody saw me ;-)

BTW - Buy a ticket now if youre going - It sold out early last year and will probably sell out quicker this year.

andy M

Anyone going to this years event?

And as I will be camping, can anyone offer any updates on the camping facilities since the 2007 event? Have they improved at all? Where is the best place to camp?

I'm going again, the line up looks much better than usual. Be warned, 2010 is a 4 day fest, it starts on 3rd June.

I am not camping, the camping site always looks like a disaster area.

Hi Gordon. I found out it was a 4 day fest last night. Just trying to arrange the time off work now. I seem to be using my holidays up quickly this year