Mik Dickinson's British-style bacon and gammon

511 posts in this topic

post-16-1171872660.jpg
I can get fresh proper bacon like back home in the UK. None of the streaky stuff, but real proper bacon. See product photo attached.

I have found a farmyard butcher, registered and legal. The meat is laid in brine for three weeks and then hung to dry in the cooler for a week. There are are no forced water or salt injections used. This makes the bacon comparable to a "bio" product.

Then I cut and vacuum pack the meat to customers' specifications. All freezable.

Costs are €13 per kilo. To be fair, a minimum order of one kilo is required. An order takes four weeks to go through the process.

So if anyone is interested, please get in touch. Click to send me a personal message.

A big thank you to all existing and new customers.

Mik

Related topic: Other sources of British-style bacon in Munich

This is a paid placement posting.

I just ordered 5Kg! And will be having boxes of Walkers crisps as well if he can get the Worcester Sauce or Pickled Onion flavours. :D

And look at his comment below, the man knows what he is talking about!

looks good but I notice that white reminent in between the rashers. This means that it is mass produced and has been injected with a salt solution. Sometimes not so appetising to the eye.

Update: five supplied customers and all happy with the product. Another five to be supplied with the next delivery so I hope they will post and give their comments. Plus, Walkers crisps, nearly all flavours, also available from yours truly. Message me for orders.

Well just got another positive feedback so so far that makes it 11 - 1 in favour of the product being priceworthy and good. Thanks for the previous info Dave, it has made me watch out more now when I slice the stuff. :mellow:

Bacon was apparently very good. What a relief to not have to bring it back alongside my computer on flights. Thanks Mik! Still 1.8kg to go...

Then you should ave told me Chalky mate. Can have it 12mm thick if you want, but thanks for the feed back Chalky, was nice. 14 - 1 in the products favour now.

Met up with a very nice good looking lady that invited me and my mate round for a chat. Thought I would take her a portion of the porky stuff as a pressie. She was over the moon with it and stuck an order in straight away.

Timmeh, from my experience that will be roughly 25 portions upward. One portion being 3 to 4 rashers at 3 to 4 mm thick.

Now I likes me bacon but even I would be struggling there, ooo ar!

I have as well tried the rashers and they are brilliant! Finally both quality and great value here in Munich - that's not so easy to find! Mik... I m looking forward to m' rashers on the 20th January! Thin slice, 1 or 2 k's worth, fine with me!

Next delivery to four customers on the 20.Jan.2007. All informed and will be nice to hear of their comments. Another enquiry today. God I would hate to be a pig living round here. :unsure: