Sad ain't it? Getting older by the day

117 posts in this topic

That´s the best post you´ve ever written, desdemona! :D

Signed

John

aged 59 and a half ( if I remember rightly..)

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

Hmm - my workday is just like that :(

aged 59 and a half ( if I remember rightly..)

Don't worry - remember I'm a few days in advance of you... post-10876-13291500156362.gif

All I can say is that the scene has gone steadily downhill. I am in complete envy of people just a few years older than me that got to see the real thing.

Old enough to have seen the Grateful Dead in London three times - and to remember the Stones playing "Not Fade Away" on Top of the Pops.

I was 60 last year...blimey!

Old enough to have seen the Grateful Dead in London three times - and to remember the Stones playing "Not Fade Away" on Top of the Pops.

I was 60 last year...blimey!

I´m old enough to be grateful NOT to be dead!

I'm old enough to have seen Simon & Garfunkel live. It was an open-air concert and a Pan Am flight out of Frankfurt was given permission to circle the stadium just after they started.

Not only are Simon & Garfunkel gone, so is Pan Am!

I can remember mangles,Tap! No spin dryers back then!! :) Actually, it was so long ago I can´t remember what mangles were really for!

We had a mangle too when I was growing up, but an electric one, we were posh! I'm sure it was better for the clothes than the high speed spins of washing machines today - ah, the good old days :)

You had electricity, Tap? Posh background :) Don´t resent that, mind you! At least I didn´t have to listen to Cliff Richard on the telly!!! :D

We had a mangle in Llandudno swimming baths - for wringing out wet swimming costumes.

Just a thought, the brother of one my schoolfriends died at the age of 35. Not ill, married with two children, got up, went to work in the bank, brain haemorrhage, died, parents and brother and sister devastated.

Bet he'd like to have gotten older day by day.

Nothing sad about having another day in which to have fun, achieve things, look forward to things, get better at things, meet challenges, have triumphs, have the chance to meet new and amusing and indeed amazing people...

We had an electric-powered wringer washing machine when I was young, but the house we lived in had only cold running water. My mother had to heat water in a kettle for all washing - dishes, clothes, us. The scale from the bottom of the kettle was really unpleasant to sit on in the bath. :(

We also had an ice box, and the ice man came once or twice a week, with a horse-drawn wagon. This is all true, and yet I'm still alive. But my walk to school was all on level ground, even when it snowed.

yup, when I was a boy I was hoping to see the year2000, now I'm looking forward to the year 2028, not that it matters that much because y2k did nothing special but 100 is a round number.

So, gaberlunzi, you plan to be a-round in 2028. ;)

EDIT: A reminder to all, not just our friends in Canada, that Girl Scouts are selling their cookies. And the girls should be making their rounds :ph34r: soon.

I remember Cliff Richard & Summer Holiday..

I wish I did´nt :blink: