Sad ain't it? Getting older by the day

117 posts in this topic

:lol: See, I think this is one of the funnest aspects of American culture that's missing in Europe. The challenge of acquiring alcohol at a young and impressionable age. The way the US is set up, getting your hands on some hooch IS difficult, but I think it builds character. Not to mention creates some very fond memories (or not so fond, depending).

Jenny L and I got into a very "it" nightclub ( no, it wasn't P1) Sunday am without having to pay. It seems we were two of the beautiful people ;) ... so, we're not over the hill yet sweetie.

:lol: True. We're "it" girls. I was surprised they let me in at all actually. I'm so far removed from cool it's not even funny (nevermind being "too old"!). :D

See, I think this is one of the funnest aspects of American culture that's missing in Europe. The challenge of acquiring alcohol at a young and impressionable age. The way the US is set up, getting your hands on some hooch IS difficult, but I think it builds character. Not to mention creates some very fond memories (or not so fond, depending).

Um no, we all go through it. Just the age gap is different; where I grew up, us young scallywags would get into pubs around the age of 14 depending on how mature you looked and bought our oh-so adult Hooch, 20/20, Strongbow etc. The legal age to drink in a pub is/was 18. So I got all the 'adventure' too :D

Oh, right. I suppose that's true- I never thought about that. You do get the thrill as well- you just have a head start on us. :)

Jenny L and I got into a very "it" nightclub ( no, it wasn't P1) Sunday am without having to pay. It seems we were two of the beautiful people ... so, we're not over the hill yet sweetie.

I don´t want to depress you, but there´s a club here, where if you can prove you´re over 30, you also get in free. I was very disappointed to note that no one asked me for my Ausweis

:(

I don´t want to depress you, but there´s a club here, where if you can prove you´re over 30, you also get in free.

Oh great. So we got some sort of senior discount or what? :( How depressing.

That sounds like one of those Ü30 parties.

With special music that you vaguely remember, but won't disturb your pacemaker.

Well I went to a party on Friday night and while I was there all I wanted was a cuppa coffee instead of beer :ph34r:

Fair play tho, I was smoking a spliff that ran from my fingertips to my elbow.

Students these days hey!

Tax dodger ! Get a haircut !

fooking hell to get it any shorter i would have to get a Al Quie Al Q Taliban death squad to give me a trim.

Oh yea BTW i must be getting old, i have started making homebrew. On the plus side i have 25L of beer waiting to be drunk and it only costs £7 :D

Oooh. Are you going to bottle up some of your homebrew for us to try? :unsure:

@Renia- I'll just continue to live in my fantasy world where we got in for free because we're just that cool. :D

When you give up smoking you have to have something to do with your hands

erm...

yea i do, cause i aint still smoking 30 a day while im dropping pills, honest :ph34r: