Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

National Novel Writing Month

128 posts in this topic

post-16-1160728346.gif
It is BACK! Write a novel month is coming up and I am looking for writers interested in some healthy competition. The website is up for the event and you can register here: nanowrimo.org.

I am looking for writers interested in meeting during the next few weeks to prepare for this event. If you join our writer's group and you are able to finish a coherent novel, I will display it next year at the book messe... I don't promise to promote it but I will display it in my booth ...

This offer is only good for books written during the month of November...of course, if you have a really good children's book or some good children's music.. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I was asked by a few companies at the book messe to track down product that isn't CRAP... you would be surprised how hard that is to do :D

the writer's group will meet on Thursdays. I have made arrangements to have the later afternoon early evening free... so this will be an after work event.

@ Yeti, I have the book that the guy wrote who came up with the idea if you want to read it (not the novel he wrote, but the how-to book).

Oh Good :D I am going to put up posters next week at the different bookshops and notice boards. Once we have four to six people, then we can decide on a location :)

I can meet anywhere central off of the 3/6. I was thinking that the San Francisco coffee at Odeonsplatz would be a good place to meet.

I think this is a great idea (especially for someone like me who has been talking about writing a novel for, like, forever). I have just signed up on the site and you can count me in as a member of the writer's group as well.

The location you suggested sounds good to me.

I can't wait to get started :)

Great! That makes three definite and maybe four... I will be putting up the posters tuesday... hopefully we will have a dedicated four before November 1st. I suggest we meet the week before we have to start... I will post more at the end of this week.

I am looking forward to getting started :)

Oh Great! We have enough people... now lets plan our first get together. The competion starts on November 1st at midnight. I would like for everyone to meet the week before so Thursday October 26, 2006 and then we will meet every Thursday for the month of november.

I will go on the nano website and set up our area to communicate but I also think it would be good to exchange Yahoo/MSN etc chat program information so that we can cheer each other on during the month.

Lets plan on meeting from 530 to 730 pm at the Odeonsplatz SF coffee company. I am going over there this afternoon with the flyer.

See you all next week!

no worries Renia.. it is just for everyone to meet and get prepared for the following week... we can get there a little early ... I plan on being there around 1700.

Hello everybody,

I just read about you guys on the NaNoWriMo website and I'd like to come to your meeting.

Petra

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit" - Richard Bach

Everyone is welcome to join us at the meeting next Thursday...

The meeting is so that we can meet other people interested in writing and have people to nag cheer us on and make sure we get some work done... it is an open meeting. I will be there for the five weeks and probably after that if people are interested in meeting.

It would be nice to create a circle of writers but the main purpose right now is to make sure I finish this year's competition :D

Oh no. I just noticed that the meeting time will be from 5:30-7:30. That's the exact time I can't meet as I am an ESL instructor and I could only arrange to be free on Thursday evenings after 7:30:(

I was so sad this morning when I saw the meeting time that I forgot to ask if we could push the end time back to 8:30. Maybe if not every week at least on some of the Thursdays?