English-speaking dentists in Munich

242 posts in this topic

I'd like to recommend a mouth-and-jaw surgeon, who dealt with a tricky root canal operation on one of my rear teeth, last december.

Dr. Dr.Guido Di Mascio,

Grünbauerstrasse, 15

81479 München - Solln

Tel 089-79070201

www.mkg-dr-dimascio.de

Very professional, very thorough, good follow up checks.

I'm sorry, I don't know if they speak the english, but the guy's a Dr.Dr, so chances are high.

BOR

Carm- I have to admit, that working out of a house as a DH is a bit odd to me. But I really, really want to find an american trained hygienist (and dentist hopefully) and am willing to give her a shot on your recommendation.

Are any of the other 130 DHs US trained and in the Munich area, and that you would recommend? Maybe that narrows it down to one- Beate! But just asking in case we can have options...

Many thanks!

There are only 9 DH's in Munich, and my office has 6 of them. (But we are booked out til May).

Beate Gaterman, set up an office in her home, and is a Pioneer in Germany. Alot of DH's in Switzerland and Holland have offices at their homes and work seperately from a Doc.

Just wanted to know if anyone has been to

Dr. Ursula Würmseher

Briennerstr 13, 80333 Munich

I am afraid of the dentist, so any reviews would be appreciated. I got her from the consulate page and it says she studied in the US.

I have had a good experience with a Dentist, here in Munich.

I hate going to the dentist at the best of times, but this is a friend of mine I met him here. He is friendly and spoke good English. And to make this post HE IS A GREAT DENTIST. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED, he showed care and heart.

THe Practice is on Dachuer str at the end of the tram 20 line or a couple of minutes walk from S1 Moosach.

Joerg Oberschelp 089 141 8880

Just wanted to share a positive experience

Mark

Topics merged by admin

I've been going to Beate Gaterman for several years now & have been very pleased. Don't let the fact that she has a home office mislead you - she's got the complete set-up there & is very professional.

Hi,

I just came back form a dentist and I need to recommend this guy. Some people already mentioned him.

Dr Otto Wich

Haydnstr 9

089/531083

He explained everything well, took his time and I didn't feel a thing. My husband had a root treatment before me and he said that it was also a great experience since he hates dentists.

There's a Dr. Franz. Dandl dentist lat Ganghofer str 86 listed on this site as an English speaking doctor in Munich, well he's not, in fact if you ak if he speaks English he looks down his nose at you and says 'a little bit' and walks off in a huff. This has happened to me three times and you think he's going to get my full private fees!!! Total idiot!!!

But the one I can reccommend highly is Dr. Jen-Arno Topp, Franziska-Bilek-Weg 5, 80339,Munich tel 089 54035577.

This denist was friendly, funny and spoke English very well and I left feeling totally happy!!!

I´ve been here years , and have always gone to German dentists . They normally all speak English to a degree , and to be honest , we go there to have our teeth checked , not to involve them in deep conversation . Anyone looking for a good dentist in schwabing , i can highly recommend Walter Korber , who has his practice 1 minute walk from Alte Haide U-Bahn station

I dont know the number , but its literally on the corner from Echinger Strasse , next door to the chemists , so is probably nr 1 or 2 . You will see the chemist as you leave the U-Bahn station . As i said , top dentist .

some people get lucky and are fine and well then there's me and a few others that did not do so well.

I'm not a dentist, nor do I play one on TV, but I believe that this is true across the board for wisdom teeth extractions. Not necessarily the dentist's fault. Can depend on the individual.

FF

I know there is an 'over crowded' dentist community in germany, but if you speak fluent english, that will bump up the business in english speakers, right?

I would like to thank all of you who recommended Dr. Otto Wich.

I went to see him this week (after putting off the inevitable for way to long) and he was very patient, explaining everything that needs to be done.

Dr. Otto Wich, Haydnstr. 9, Tel. 53 10 83

Has anyone been to Praxis Weller and can recommend it? Starting to suffer now, and I think it's due to a bad job done by my previous dentist, Dr. Otto Wich (sorry all you out there, but...). He put a crown in 1.5 yrs ago, and since then I've not been able to eat anything on my left side, which he contributes to gum getting inflamed(?). Sorry, but extreme sensitivity to cold and warm does not seem like a gum problem to me, but I'm not the dr. Now the problems have gotten lots worse, so need another dentist who can x-ray and check - URGENTLY.

I would recommend this dentist:

Andrea Schnur

Fasangartenstr. 159

81549 München

Tel: 089 / 6 25 88 80

She is very good, fluent English and was trained in the US. She takes the time to explain everything and I've NEVER had to wait more than a couple minutes when I go for an appointment. The only negative is I believe she only takes private insurance.

Hi Tiny2,

You need a dentist asap!. I had a nice gold inlay put on in Oct 2006. Afterwards, the tooth was so sensitive to cold that I couldn't chew on that side. The dentist kept giving me a lot of BS & telling me to wait for the problem to go away on its own. When that didn't work, he wanted to give me pain shots! After waiting almost a year, I finally went back to his original (older) employer, who said that the first stage is where the tooth is sensitive to cold, next, it's sensitive to heat and finally, it burns like hell! In my case, I think the dentist damaged the tooth in putting in the inlay, because before that I had no pain at all. The dentist was very distracted during the procedure because he kept yelling at a new girl (azubi?) that he was training. Oh well, live & learn!

Anyway, tiny2, go see a dentist asap, before it gets worse! You have my sympathy - good luck!

I've chipped my front tooth and it's really sensitive to pretty much anything. Need to find a dentist who takes AOK insurance and speaks english and who can see me asap.

Also, does anyone have an idea of whether having it filed or capped on public insurance will cost an arm and a leg?!

Thank you :)

I would definately recommend Dr. Otto Wich.

He is patient, does not overcharge you (or charge you more to speak English) and has so far been the best dentist I have visited in Munich by far.

Dr. Otto Wich, Haydnstr. 9, Tel. 53 10 83