English-speaking dentists in Munich

244 posts in this topic

Dr Wood is indeed American, but he has a german assistant doing his cleaning, which is actually illegal, and you don't have to pay for any below the gum line treatment, as only Dentists and FOREIGN trained Dental Hygienists are allowed to do that!

I can really recommned (and I've tried a few ) ...

Dr. Ralph M. Wood

Residenzstr. 14,

München

089 221 828 089 225 832

A US dentist who has been working here for years. Very central location.

I've had a few things done and no complaints. He will not rest until you are happy with the treatment.

And he is Krankenkasse friendly!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He did a root canal for me which he buggered up... and a filling which was not much cop - had to have both redone by a german dentist. He also seemed to be in it for the money and the quicker he could get u in and out the better. :o

Exactly! That is a problem here in Germany, most Office employ and assistant to do cleanings (that are not thorough or properly trained!) and pay them no more than 2000Euro a month, but charge you 150! We, Dental Hygienists, cut into their profit, so they can use an assitant- the patient is none the wiser, and still charge a DH fee! Just pisses me off to no end! As then these patients that were treated by an assistant for years, land in my chair, and I need to do 5 hours of work to correct what hasn't been done for years!

Has anyone ever had anything done by Dr. Andrea Schnurr??

Or can you recommend another dentist near Unterhaching?? I need ot have some cavities filled..NOT looking foward <_<

Can someone clarify what "EXACTLY" is covered under normal state insurance plans for dental care- I have TK now (previously had private) and I just want to get a normal check up to make sure no cavities and a cleaning (yes, I know they are different here than in the states, have gotten use to that after 4 years of EU dentist :) ) and maybe xrays as has been a while.

I cant really decifer any of the German info I have from TK and seem to get diff answers when ask others so thought I would try my luck here to see if I could get some clarification.

Thanks so much,

Babs

I have just been to the dentist lately, and I have learnt that you should get a bonus heft. with this you need to go to the dentist once a year and get a stamp in the heft. Then if you need anything major done, the insurance company will pay more.

The dentist I mentioned on previous threads is very good. I was to have a tooth pulled by a different bloke, went to this guy and he sorted me out without extraction. Said that a lot of older dentists are a bit quick to pull stuff that's not absolutely necessary.

Franz X. Dandl

Ganghoferstr. 86, Munich Westend

Tel. 089 774019

My dentist is Koty and I can recommend him. Also has opening times until late in the evening, e.g. no problem to get an appointment at 7:30pm - so no need to take time off work.

does anyone know of any english speaking dentist that is open on saturdays? i need my widsom tooth taken out!

Good tip YL. I will try this guy out. I've been here ca. 2 years and have been avoiding going to a dentist because of a bad previous experience.

Rgs

Enda

Can someone clarify what "EXACTLY" is covered under normal state insurance plans for dental care- I have TK now (previously had private) and I just want to get a normal check up to make sure no cavities and a cleaning (yes, I know they are different here than in the states, have gotten use to that after 4 years of EU dentist ) and maybe xrays as has been a while.

I cant really decifer any of the German info I have from TK and seem to get diff answers when ask others so thought I would try my luck here to see if I could get some clarification.

Thanks so much,

Babs

I recently joined TK as well, went to the dentist and two weeks later got a 90 euro bill. I found only proactive preventitive check-ups are covered, not the cleaning itself. The dentist spent about 2 mins looking at my teeth, checking the fillings and didn't take any x-rays, that was covered. The cleaning took about 30 mins and was very thorough, but you have to pay for it :(

I am currently on my fourth dentist in Munich, and have finally found one I'm really pleased with. He's called Otto Wich and has a practice near Goethestrasse U-Bahn.

I went with Otto Wich too. He was recommended to me by a work colleague and he was the first dentist I had been to in about 15 years as I had extreme fear of dentists. My fear was compounded by the reason for my visit which was a, lets just say ready to be removed, wisdom tooth.

But he was great. I did it under local anaethseia (even though i'm shit scared of needles, and in my fookin mouth too!!!) and he was very reassuring and patient with my fears. I can definately recommend him, especially for those that are scared of dentists, like me :)

Does anyone know of a good dentist who speaks English that can do emergency dental work? Leaving for Istanbul in 48 hours and have a major disaster with molar collapsing (no I wasn't eating concrete...) and don't relish the idea of a four day trip to Istanbul being shrouded in pain (apart from which I want to eat the food...!!!) Advertisers in Munich Found have been on answering machine since Fri lunch time. Hoping that we have a member who may be a dentist... preferably in city. thanks

Topics merged by admin

thanks - and apologies I have since gone into the search and tracked a whole lot of recommendations. Guess we all eat too much of the wrong things if we all have such problems!!!

Hi,

This dentist was recommended as an English speaking dentist, but I can't find an address. I know, if I looked in the right place, I would find it, but so far no luck.

Anyone smarter than I am today?

TinaP