English-speaking dentists in Munich

244 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2018, 7:31:58, lisa13 said:

can anyone say if Dr. Selmair does cosmetic work in addition to functional dentistry?

gotta touch up my front teeth - started grinding again :( 

@Lisa13,
Dr Selmair definitely does all kinds of cosmetic work - it is one of her specialties. Veneers, invisible cosmetic fillings, closing gaps, whitening/bleaching - whatever is needed. Stop by and arrange for an evaluation and she will advise you on all of the possibilities. She is the smile expert!
Also check out her social media for more:
Email: info@drselmair.de
Instagram: dr.isabelselmair
Facebook: Facebook.com/DrIsabelSelmair

On 10/28/2015, 2:42:58, elgin ed said:

I went to Dr Marinescu here last year.

Nice guy. He wanted to do loads of stuff, but explained what was highest priority and gave a full breakdown of costs and only did what i asked.

This dentist is great! He now has his own practice on Rezidenzstrasse. He took over Dr. Wood’s practice. His English is perfect. He makes you feel extremely comfortable. I do not have the best teeth thanks to genetics. I have had two other dentists in Germany make me cry in the chair telling me how horrible my teeth were (one of them is the toothbrush salesperson). I think the only thing good about the toothbrush salesperson is that the toothbrush is pretty good (yes, I bought one and it has helped my gums). But she also said that she refused to help me because my gums were in such bad shape. Uh, that’s why I’m at the dentist. And yes I brush and floss 2-3 times a day. 

He will fight for you through insurance to make sure you get the best value for your money. I highly recommend Marinescu. 

I would like to post my two cents here about the dentist referred to as 'Toothbrush salesperson' -> which i completely disagree. I found her through Toytown and she is one of the BEST i have ever been to. I bought her toothbursh(btw no she did not force me to buy it) and infact am thankful to her for recommending the toothbrush because it improved my dental hygiene a lot. In every appointment she always takes her time to explain things. All of her staff are really friendly and helpful. It is hard to believe that she refused to treat someone but would have most likely recommended to post pone the treatment until it is good enough to be treated: which is logical and what a good dentist would recommend!! Her english is flawless, and I never had any issues communicating to her. I would highly recommend her if any one is in search of a good english speaking dentist or in general looking for a good dentist.

7 hours ago, matrixpingui said:

I would like to post my two cents here about the dentist referred to as 'Toothbrush salesperson' -> which i completely disagree. I found her through Toytown and she is one of the BEST i have ever been to. I bought her toothbursh(btw no she did not force me to buy it) and infact am thankful to her for recommending the toothbrush because it improved my dental hygiene a lot. In every appointment she always takes her time to explain things. All of her staff are really friendly and helpful. It is hard to believe that she refused to treat someone but would have most likely recommended to post pone the treatment until it is good enough to be treated: which is logical and what a good dentist would recommend!! Her english is flawless, and I never had any issues communicating to her. I would highly recommend her if any one is in search of a good english speaking dentist or in general looking for a good dentist.

Yeah, no. A dentist shouldn’t make you cry and tell you how bad your teeth are; she was not understanding at all. And they aren’t bad. I brush them like I should. Some people just have it in their genes. The dentist I go to now makes me feel good and said they really aren’t that bad.

And if a dentist refuses treatment, do you really think any problems will get better? That’s like someone being diagnosed with an illness and being told go home and come back when you are better. I wouldn’t want to be told that by a doctor! I would have been really upset at my last mammo if I was told, oh you have a lump (which I did) and then they refused to check it out and told me come back if it gets worse. Sorry, but no. It’s their job to help people.