English-speaking dentists in Munich

244 posts in this topic

I just tried to book an appointment with Otto Wich and the number was redirected to another surgery. Apparently, Dr. Wich has shut shop. The "replacement" surgery is for Dr. Nicola Huber, down the Tal. I've booked to see her anyway, as I'm well overdue a checkup. Has anyone used her before?

Cheers,

Freckle

:)

Yeah. I'm not able to book an appt with Otto either. Shame! He seemed so highly recommended.

Can anyone recommend a dentist in the south east of Munich?

Have you already been to this dentist?

Thomas Oppenberg DMD

How was your experience?

And these other two? (from the US consulate page)

Dr. Günther Dettenhofer & Dr. Farhud Mortazavi

Well, better late than never:

I had teeth done by Doctor of Medical Dentistry Oppenberg - and his work is top notch. Dettenhofer and Mortazavi used to share a building with Oppenberg near Odeonsplatz, however Tom moved on and went it alone again. Back then, neither of them had the Kassenzulassung, so they did accept only privately insured patients. Furthermore, public insurance wouldn't cover their costs, so they avoid doing cheap work. If price is not an issue, anybody is in good hands with these guys. If they were not that expensive, I'd still be with them. (Their bills are 50 to 100% over that of other privately billing colleagues, but superior quality comes at a price.)

Hi, some of the dentist reommendations are quite old so I thought to add a new one. Since I just moved to Munich this year the trouble is: which docs to choose? A colleague recommended a dental practice in Lehel (which is in the center, quite close to Maximilianstr) which I believe is worth to share: It's actually two dentists who run this practice (Dr. Schmidseder and Dr. Mardi) of who I only know Dr. Mardi... but she is definetely the best one I ever went to. Very friendly (which is also true for the whole team) and her work is fantastic (my teeth look just so much better now). And what also counts: no pain! The website with all the relevant information (contact details etc) is www.schmidseder-mardi.de

Cheers

Z

Dr. Martin Schrüfer, is wonderful. His English is great and his explanations and translations were right on. He has a personal interest in us as his patients and our health. He is prevention-oriented but not faddists. X-ray films and a suggested full-mouth study are done unless you have suitable films from your previous dentist and he asks before he ventures into procedures that might have been done. The price of dental work is not the best way to judge quality; high-quality dentistry cannot be done assembly-line style; it takes time and meticulous attention to detail and this is what Dr. Schrüfer does. I have not been to any other dentist here in Munich but I have compared his work and cost and he comes out on top every time 30% cheaper in most cases. I have the highest regard for Dr. Schrüfer and his team.

Here is his contact information.

Bahnhofstr. 20

82152 Planegg

Tel. 089 8594268

I can vouch for this.. I had a filling replaced this morning at 7am. He was very understanding about times, very friendly and quick and efficient. I can definately recommend Dr Schrüfer!!

Has anyone had experience with Dr. Nicola Huber, who apparently took over Dr. Otto Wich's practice?

Thanks!

For me, the best english speaking dentist in Munich is Dr. Georg Finger. And I have checked a few here - with negative experiences. Dr. Finger has a very modern, little office in the City. Perfect individual service and consulting. Very good prices. I've payed only 120 Euro for 2 resin fillings and professional cleaning. And the most important is his anesthesia technic, which doesn't hurt a bit. Check out his homepage in English. www.privatzahnarzt-finger.de

Wow this thread is in complete shambles... most of the reviews are old. Those that aren't are like adverts!

Is there a new parallel thread running around or have we just stopped going to dentists? :D

I'll just have to try one I guess (and post the review ;) )

frig

I randomly got chatting to an English-speaking dentist last night and he gave me his card:

Dr Stefan Michel

Gleichmannstr. 5b

81241 Munich

089 88 69 05

www.zahnarztpraxis-in-pasing.de

Seemed like a nice chap. Currently learning the guitar, but sadly a U2 fan ;-)

Has anyone got any recent recommendations for a good dentist? Good work being more important that having them trying to sell me cosmetic dental work.

Dr Weller is very, very nice, more than competent and if you get scared, he'll show pictures of his (lovely) Australian Shepherd dog as a distraction.

Billing is fair and I was there last week for my clean & check-up.

This thread is kinda old, outside Dr. Weller, and Finger anyone has recent GOOD experience/recommendation with a dentist in southwest of Munich area? need to refill a filling (gotta keep away from gummy bears)

Patients only please, dentists should not reply!

I would like to recommend Dr. Stephanie Gottwald's office. I'm the absolute biggest baby when it comes to pain and all the dentists in this office treat you with tender care. Most of the staff speak English and are super pleasant. This office is efficiently run and I NEVER have to wait longer than 10mins to be seen by any doctor. They are very accommodating with setting up last minute appointments, even for new patients. The office is next to the OEZ so it's convenient to get to. I needed work done recently while in Berlin and traveled back to Munich just to go to this office. In fact, no matter where I am in Germany I would travel back here for their professionalism alone. I can't say enough good things about this dentist's office!!!

After Toytown recommendations I tried this practice:

Praxis Dr. Schmidseder und Dr. Mardi

smilecare center

Tel. +49-89-292090

Fax +49-89-222268

Hotline 0700-2000 2005

Mariannenstr.5

80538 München

An appointment was not avail for two weeks. I found it easy to communicate as they were hay to talk by email. However after waiting for two weeks I turned up to my appointment. I was then faced with a receptionist who spoke NO English. She asked for my insurance card. As I have private insurance with landeshilfenkranke I have no card. I wanted to pay cash. The receptionist then required my passport. Now bearing in mind this appointment was purely a consultation with no treatment, the receptionist would not allow the appointment to continue without my passport. I am a cash paying client who has full private insurance and was refused treatment by this surgery for not having a passport. Asking for a further appointment when I would bring my passport was at least a two week wait. I don't understand this surgery and they have no support or advice or time for foreign patients

i am another ex Dr Wich patient looking for an alternative as he is no longer in Munich...

I love the recommendations above from people who post on the same day they join TT and that is also their last day of activity (hitmachine, Zugglios). (Editor Bob question: with all the technological advances we have, is it not possible to filter out such stuff...?) One of those two adverts claiming to be genuine recommendations is just around the corner from me. If no-one gives me a better alternative I will go there and report back the truth...

I can highly recommend this couple.

They are the kindest and best dentists that I have ever known. They both speak English as well as their receptionists. You will feel very welcome there.

They take public and private insurances.

(I do not get compensated in any way for referrals)

Hey Everyone,

After a week of severe pain i couldnt take it anymore and went in search of a dentist. I found AllDent, which is on Bayerstrasse 21. They took my EU health insurance card no problem and i got to see a dentist straight away. They did a great job, totally recommend them!!

For what it's worth, I went to the Munich Dental Clinic (the one on Trautenwolfstr.) and found it horrible. The teeth cleaning was torture (violent woman), the dentist cheesy and a little too tanned and slick/slimy (like George Hamilton) and the crown he put in fell out after a year.

I'm in search of a (very) good dentist in (central) Munich who can handle fear-of-needles and has an actual (and good) dental hygenist. I couldn't find a website for Dr. Meni Saban (mentioned earlier), have had experience with Dr. Wood's dental hygenist (when she was elsewhere) and don't see a DH listed for Nina Baumeister (now Rountree) -- all previously listed. Selmair advertises way too much for me to trust (and I read those previous reviews) so I'm still searching.

Any patient recommendations? Thanks...

Would anyone have a recommendation for a dentist who is willing to really try and save a tooth that has a cyst? Just came back from what was supposed to be a refilling of back molar. Turns out there's a huge cyst and they want to pull it. I'd like to try a second opinion...

Any hints would be highly appreciated. Thanks.