Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ismaning Winterlauf 2006/7

232 posts in this topic

I won't be running on Sunday. I have a big ass infected blister on my foot. :angry: I was hoping it would heal up in time, but it didn't...Shite.

Maybe I could enter in the 'One footed jumping' category and win?? I'm debating...

Same as usual, some were running really fast (1:35 as far as I remember),

I ran with Yeti and we slowed each other down / speeded each other up where necessary and were still able to chat until km 16 (though my English got worse towards the end and my replies shorter). We finished with an official time of 1:57 something, the real time being 1:56 something (no chips).

Makes me happy as this means that I have maintained my form through the winter without much training, so now I am really motivated to start serious training again and improve my times during upcoming competitions.

Hippo finished a bit in front of me, BlueSte a bit behind, then Zee and Yeti together while the three of us were getting some warm clothes back on.

The exact times as the results have not yet been posted on the web site but from memory they were about 95, 96, 99 and 111 minutes.

There seemed to be fewer people taking part than in the previous two races and there was less difficulty squeezing into the tunnel under the road and then getting a clear bit of

forest track to run on. Perhaps, that is why Hippo and I ended up running the first 10km much too quickly...

It was a bit muddy along the Isar but not too bad and the heavy rain stayed away until just after everyone had finished.

results are online, there also is a "Cup-Wertung" (all three races together)- I got 102nd out of (174) women. (consideríng my very slow 2nd race, it's not too bad). There also is a "Vereinswertung" (results by team), but haven't looked up the overall TT-result yet.

I think there are easier ways to get a Krapfen and some hot tea, without running 21k ... my legs still hurt, but not too much. After a races, I always do lots of stretching and then a long spa (sauna) session at the gym , this is perfect for recovery.