Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ismaning Winterlauf 2006/7

232 posts in this topic

Anyone interesting in doing the Ismaning Winterlauf series of runs this year?

I did it last time round and it was a fun, if slightly cold at times, experience.

It consists of 3 runs:

12.8km on 10/12/06

16.8km on 14/01/07

half marathon on 11/02/07

It's 10euro per race, or 25 for all 3, and if you enter for all 3 before the end of this month, you get a t-shirt.

It's on the way to the airport, on the S8. It's about a 20 minute walk from the S-bahn stop to the start at the athletics club.

I ran the first two in shorts last year (and was very much in the minority), but during the second was really cold, so gave in and got some of those silly running tights. Not worn them since, mind.

I can vouch for that. Hippo can be found wearing shorts during the foulest of weather.

Thanks for the info, Hippo, signing on for these is a good goad to keep training properly during the winter. Good preparation for a marathon in the spring too. (As I say every year)

I'll try all three.

Does anyone know if they're just on the road or x-country as well?

There is a bit of road at the beginning and end, but apart from that, it's on paths through the woods and along the Isar. I should point out that it's likely there'll be snow on the ground for at least some of them, and quite possibly icy parts as well so good grip is essential. There is of course also the possibility that it'll be pissing it down/snowing during a race. Just so everyone knows the score...

I always found that races I'd signed up for actually ended up getting run. Much more effective motivation than just training away and then "forgetting" to sign up a week before the event.

Sign up Renia and make a pact with the devil, a blue faced, frostbitten one at that.

he's a cutie, hope he'll be there again.

Though it might be difficult to keep the pace for a chat? (rather should approach him before the run!).

another idea: as there might be lots of TT-members running, we could all sign-up as Toytown-runners ?