Jogoli's Fantastic Kinderworld

22 posts in this topic

post-16-1160373595.jpg
I've seen an advert in the local paper for this new indoor play and learn park opening 9th October 2006.

Jogoli's Fantastic Kinderworld is aimed at 0-8 yr olds and situated near Ostbahnhof. Easy to get to and prices look reasonable.

They are also offering courses for children such as art, languages, PC and theatre.

Opening times and further details in English and German here: Jogoli's Fantastic Kinderworld.

Maybe if someone tries it they can let us know how the play park compares to Coco Loco or Lollihop.

Jogoli's Fantastic Kinderworld

Friedenstraße 22b

81671 Munich

Tel.: 089 990188510

We just tried today. It is not comparable to Lollihop. It is more of collection os Lego toys to play at one place. But for its location , where it is in the city, it is nice time pass for kids for 2 hours.

I just went today, and certainly found that it was more than just a collection of lego toys!

For instance one area has a huge climbing frame spanning two floors, another various cars, garages, train sets, play houses, doll stuff, lego etc., whilst another area offers a chill out lounge/cinema room to relax in after all the running about. Also there's a café which doesn't serve Pommes and Wurst for a change; instead they've got lovely smelling homemade pizzas, whaffles, actually proper coffee and more.

Our kids (2½) really loved it, and the price they charged for 3 adults and 2 kids was 12 euros for 2 hours, which is a bit of a bargain in my opinion.

We'll definitely be going again!

Well I had my daughter's brthday party last Sunday with around 30 people. It was a fantastic experience. everyone loved it so much so that my kiddy guests were reluctant to go back home even after 4-5 hours of playing. Glad that it worked well. :) ...

I would defenitely suggest to go there especially in Winter and also it is just few yards away from Ostbahnhof with lot of parking lots.

Have fun

rashmi

This place has my vote for the place to take the kids for the coming winter months. We were there yesterday with children, aged 10 months to 4 years. They all loved it - so did the parents. It was a weekday and hence, pretty quiet. I don't what it's like in the weekends but I understand that they have a limit as to the number of people they will allow in at one time so that might help the "crush factor".

Things I liked:-

1) Location: Only 10 mins walk from Ostbahnhof. No stairs to negotiate, which is a big help when you have a stroller. Unfortunately, if you are going by train to Lollihop, there are no escalators or lifts at the train station.

2) Facilities A wide variety of things for the kids to play; trains, legos, bobby cars, little kitchenettes, trucks, ball pools, climbing frames. The food, as mentioned by another poster, is much better than the usual pommes frites, wurst fayre. There are separate rooms for different activities - makes it much easier to keep an eye on the kids.

I like Lollihop but it can be a nightmare because it is so big. If you have a child like mine, you spend a lot of time going, " Oh Shite! Where is he?" - not good especially when there's a large water area in Lollihop. Although, I must say that in terms of facilities especially for the older kids, this includes the Dads, Lollihop is much better.

3) Price Only 5 euros for my son & I for 2 hours.

4) Staff They were all very friendly and they spoke English.

They provide a child care service if your kids are older than 3 years, i.e. you can drop them off and you can have a few hours child free. I think It's 7.50 instead of 5 euros per child.

I have been to CocoLoco and Lollihop and I prefer Jogoli. However, if I was with my husband, it will be toss up between this place & Lollihop. Lollihop has the train & car rides and wrangling is much easier when there's two of us.

I also visited Jogoli last week with my 15-month-old. It was an off-time, so not very busy, but she got scared when we entered, at the large climbing area for the bigger kids. It was very loud, even with only a few kids.

We were glad to be pointed in the direction of the play room for the littler kids, separated from the bigger kids' area. It was much quieter, and mini-cinzia had a good time playing there and was sorry to go. I found the piped-in music annoying, but that's a small complaint.

For adults who are tag-teaming the playing or can leave their older kids to play alone, there is an adults-only lounge with internet Wi-fi access and cameras on the play rooms so you can keep an eye on the kids.

I'll go to Jogoli again on the cold winter days, and I'm glad to read that it compares favorably with Coco Loco and Lollihop.

My thoughts are similar to JCinMunS's

For me I was pleasantly surprised by the parking. I was somehow expecting to have a nightmare but pleased to find there was a carpark.

While not having the array of big things Lollihop has the playroom is way better than Lollihop and had my two more than ammused for the three and a half hours.

SarahMummy and another friend came along at various times. You could hold a conversation, well within reason with two little ones occasionally requiring attention! This alone makes it better for meetups as the ones Lollihop suffer from the parents not really being able to think, let alone talk, it's so load.

The food was far better than Lollohop and I was happy they had small snacks (muffins for example) for 80 cents a go. This makes it far cheaper for a quick mid afternoon snack.

The staff watching over the kids were far more caring and watchful than lollihop.

The possible clincher for a future meetup is the babysitting. Next door is Beach 38 . A bar with indoor volleyball. We could park the kids at Jogolis and leg it for a couple of hours. 8 Euros for two hours including being watched seems good value to me.

thinking of going down there today for about 12'ish - any idea if it's packed by then, and whether we'd make it in?

Cheers

It was my first trip but I've been told it's busier at the weekend. I think they have a cap on the number of people there though.

I would be interested to hear what it's like on a weekend though.

I am thinking of taking my almost 1 year old daughter to Jogoli to try it out this coming week either Monday morning or Tuesday morning, anyone would like to come along.

We went there today with our 3-year old daughter and infant son. The place is indeed better than Lollihop, for many reasons that were already outlined above, our daughter just loved it.

However, our own experience was completely marred at the checkout. We didn't have enough cash on us to pay for the bill. We actually expected it and thus asked beforehand whether they accept EC-cards for payment and were assured that yes, they did. However, when I tried paying at the check-out, their banking device broke down ("System error"). After that they didn't really know what to do and the staff quickly became really unpleasant. It felt as if we were bank robbers or something, and although it wasn't our fault, we had to spend another 15-20 minutes before they came to any conclusion - all of them with two impatient children. It never really crossed their mind to apologize, so at the end of it all not only the kids, but also my wife became quite furious.

It was soooo disappointing... People obviously invested a lot of effort into building this thing, and we felt really good there for good 3.5 hours, but then all of that positive impression was just ruined :angry:

i have been there last Sunday with my wife and 20 months kid. The weather was bad, so i can comment only on the indoor facility.

i one word: disappointment.

we paid 9,5Euro for 2 hours. expensive for only one kid to enjoy, but survivable.

the sign (Koala) promises a wonderland for babies. The first facility was a relatively average frame playground for older kids, and not fitting for a baby. We found the one in Lollipop much larger, more fun and better engineered.

Granted, it was was less loud than Lollipop.

The other room, for youngers, seemed at first to fit more for my kid. However, the vast majority of toys were broken beyond recognition of original functionality, except 2 touchscreens and a boring kid house. So at first my girl did know where to lock attention, but pretty fast she got bored to the point she asked to come home, after barely 40 min.

All in all, although Lollipop is much louder, this was much more fun for her. there is a large playground of soft legos, where lots of kids are playing together, and in general a more inviting environment.

I just looked at the Jogolis website to see if they were having anything for Fasching and it looks like they are closing as of 28 February, anyone know anything about this? I guess gabi1 and others views that Lollihop is better are shared!

That's a blow. My two were asking when they could go to the Koala place again.

I know somebody who went recently and said it was dirty and not so good. Which has never been my experience. Maybe they ran into money troubles?

Shame as it's the only place in the middle of town. The new Lollihop at Erding's not too bad if you have a car.

Didn't know about Jogoli's closing... thanks for the info. Well, luckily, there will soon be a Gymboree in Munich! The first one in Germany is opening in Bogenhausen in just a couple weeks.

If you don't know about Gymboree, it's big in the US and has locations in 60 countries. They offer really fun and educational play, music, art and sport classes for 0-5 year olds. The one here in Munich will have classes in both English and German.

I think Munich is very much in need of a place like this for young children! Their grand opening weekend is March 5-7. Check out www.GymboreeDeutschland.de

Yes, Gymboree's grand opening weekend will have free classes running each hour as well as face painting, art projects, free play time, food and drinks, etc. Should be fun.

I was told that you should send an email to eroeffnung@GymboreeDeutschland.de or call 089 - 2323 2996 by March 3rd to RSVP. Just give them the name and ages of your children so that they can give you a good time to come for an age-appropriate class for your child.

Here are their grand opening weekend times.

Friday 5th March 15- 18

Saturday 6th March 10- 18

Sunday 7th March 10- 18

They start their normal class schedule on Monday March 8. You can get their class and pricing schedule here: http://www.gymboreedach.com/en/index.html