Perpetual complaints about Germany

58 posts in this topic

Topic split: Federweisse and Zwiebelkuchen

Why does anybody drink this stuff (Federweisse). I tried it once, what a joke. I put it down to the chidish Germans who just can't wait for the wine to be made and have to taste it.

Bloody hell Norfolk, the sooner you get back to UK the better! Your continued hatred of Germany and all things German is really starting to wear thin now

I was just starting to like the guy.

Bluedave, why do you not understand that I express an honest opinion? You may not agree and that fine. But don't tell me to go home.

The problem these days is people dont like it when you say what you think.

I wasn't telling you to go home, i thought you had already told us that you were going home soon ?

I apologise if you thought i was rude but on almost every thread regarding anything to do with being here your negativity shines bright.

No negative vibes man

Oddball, Kelly's Heroes. ;)

We are looking forward to moving back to England as we have found the quality of life in D dissapointing.

He did indeed say that, sadly it appears to be taking longer than I'd hoped.

I have enjoyed my latest stint in Germany and I will come back.

I do not hate the Germans I like some of them, but I find the country stuck in the past and your average german like a child. They don't understand the rest of the world, or want to. The Germans I work with say say they hate the Dutch and the French AND Austrians. I almost feel like I am doing missionary work at times.

Why does anybody drink this stuff (Federweisse). I tried it once, what a joke. I put it down to the chidish Germans who just can't wait for the wine to be made and have to taste it.

The problem these days is people dont like it when you say what you think.

Perhaps people are reacting to your judgemental style. The fact that you tried it once, when there is quite a variety to Federweisser, then turned that limited experience into a negative generality about a whole culture? How did you really expect people to react? :huh:

If you look back through your recent posts as i have you will read lots of reasons why i said what i did earlier, would you class them as being balanced ?

Yes there are annoying things here that piss us all off from time to time but on the whole a lot of people, me included, like it here.

If you really do find life here to be that bad then you have no alternative but to vote with your feet.

Yep ... good idea ... back to Norfolk ... where they talk proper English,and there are happy friendly folk everywhere. ( As if. )

Spent a fortnight there one afteroon. Most boring place on earth, and full of straw-covered morons.

Raffles.

Maybe 35 years in Germany have impaired my judgment but I have found it a much better place to live than many countries I have visited and participated in everyday life. Even California, dear as it is to me, cannot entice me to live there any more. Too much scramble for a decent job, too long daily commutes, too little intellectual diversity.

I don't understand how someone can say "I enjoyed my time here" (sic) but rant about every single aspect of everyday life and put Germans (in a lump) down as infantile. Maybe it's time you moved on to German company more compatible to your way of thinking.

Will agree with BlueDave on this one.Been here 24 years and i reckon that the future here is more rosy for me than back in blighty.Especially where children are concerned.Since the wall came down though i have noticed that the formerly East Germans need everything explaining to them and paper work for everything

We have lived away from Britain for 38 years and can say that Germany is a great place to live, particularly Bavaria. To get the most out of your stay learn the language, try and understand the culture and make as many friends amongst the locals as you can. Integrate is the main thing.

Absolutely, that´s hitting the nail on the head! After 16 years I don´t know what I do if I went back to England. It really is possible to enjoy life in Germany. Most Germans are worth getting to know. Of course there are people who are pain in the arse here, but you get them everywhere. Personally, I prefer the north, having also lived in the south (Stuttgart). Having said that, I find all the regional differences and dialects fascinating.

You really cannot compare the UK to Germany. I have lived in England, both away from and in London, and Germany is 100 times better. The only reason you could pick the UK over Germany is if you had family there. The quality of life here is far superior. I would go as far as saying that that is a fact.

really, *100* times better? What crap you speak. Personally I have enjoyed both england and germany for different reasons and see advantages and disadvantages in both. If I had kids I would prefer Germany I suppose. But I don't have kids so would be happy in either.

There are, of course, pros and cons to both countries. A lot also depends on your personal circumstances. If you're shagging a beautiful German and have a good job. Then, I'm sure, Germany rocks. However if you've just been laid off and the beautiful German has just left you. Then Germany sucks.

For you guys that have spent years in Germany. you would find it difficult back in the Uk as you have to think for yourself there. I find the German culture so predictable. You have to take part you just cant do your own thing. The first year I was here the fates and festivals were interesting but when it all comes round again it is just so boring so i dont go any more. This carnival thing that starts about now and goes on till Feb.Wow

I went to the one at Mainz I thought it was realy poor it just went on and on. Then its on the German TV night after night.Its like being back in the 50s.

I am not trying to be unpleasant about it but its the way I feel. You are just one of the crowd I miss the individuality.

I work here to do my job but i am back in the Uk regulary and I see the difference . Britain is alive Germany is dead. Does no one think this way ? Am I on my own.

ooooh fuck he's started again, great. this nob jockey sent me 3 PMs the other morning because i slated him for his utterly miserable attitude to life here. i mean, we all moan, but this guy is the most miserable cnut in the world and still won't fook off back to england or norfolk or wherever he wants to go.

now he claims that there's individuality in engerland or norfulk or wherever he's on about.

yeeeees, germany is dead and britain is alive and kicking itself in the teeth.

so, i'll await a similarly witty diatribe about the fact that i'm scottish (sorry, 'scotch' as this peasant wrote (it's a fucking drink, cnut!)) and how i have a bad diet, drink too much and smoke to much and have no cultural clue. (ok, so i drink too much, smoke a wee bit, but i regard myself as a fair cook and admirer of culture).

cock