Where to buy digestive biscuits

30 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find Digestive biscuits (e.g. McVities)?

Thanks.

Thanks Katrina. Need McVities for a recipe - not sure about a German substitute.

Usually they have them in the chocolate department of Hertie at Central Station. At a push, Leibnitz Vollkorn Butterkeks could be used, are you making cheesecake?

IKEA sell a variety of digestives which are close to the McVities in taste and texture.

They're still making their furniture out of MDF then?

Are McVities anything like Arnotts Granita biscuits? In which case, I can sub Granita cookies with the sub for McVities? :)

Yes and yes, although the IKEA ones are nearer than the Leibnitz.

My gent is the Arnotts expert. Although he'd probably grab the granitas off you on principle...

Where on earth did you find them?

Oh no, I didn't find them - that's the thing. Just wanting to make a slice my Grandma makes (scrumptious), and the recipe specifies Granita... Wanted to know what the German equivalent might be. Now I see I totally stuffed up my wording! Meant to ask/say: if a sub for Granita biscuits is McVities, then whatever is a sub for McVities will in turn be a sub for Granita...!? Yes ok%2

Use the IKEA digestives (1st choice) or Leibniz (2nd) in lieu of Granita or McVities.

Was just about to dig out my Bahncard if there was a secret Arnotts source somewhere... ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few musty dusty shortbread creams floating around in the Arnotts parrot-shaped tin I gave my boyfiend's family two years ago!! Must check next time I'm there! I can post one if so ;)

Wasnt it McVities who ran an ad with a Welsh guy in hospital saying "A drink's too wet without one"?

McVitie's, yes, but the ad was for Rich Tea biscuits, I think. Probably the ad video is on YouTube.

So... I was having a wander around Rewe, and came across McVities biscuits! Made in England, the genuine article.

In my Rewe they had Mcvities chocolate digestives (milk and dark), regular digestives, and hob nobs (unfortunately not chocolate).

1.99 a pack, which I didn't think was too bad!!

Have just put the kettle on to make coffee to dunk my biscuits in!!:-)

Enjoy!