Local moving companies around Frankfurt

31 posts in this topic

I will be moving flat at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good (and cheap!) removal company in the Rhein-Main area? I was considering just renting a van and getting a few people to help move everything but I have some pretty bulky and expensive things so it would be easier to get a company to do the hard work (and foot the bill if anything does go wrong/get broken).

Any tips/recommendations would be much appreciated! :)

The guys who did my move on Monday were really good. Not only did they carry all my stuff, they even hung up my lamps and curtains in the new flat! And all this for €350,- :)

Here the contact details of my removal company:

WVP

Markus Wolf

Tel. 06338 994721

markuswolf3@gmx.net :)

I'll need to move (not very far, a few km within Frankfurt) in 3 weeks, and I was thinking to hire a truck + driver for a few hours on a Saturday, with some friends to help.

I see often leaflets with offers, and I was wondering whether anybody had used some of these small companies to help with the move.

All suggestions welcome

thanks

I've arranged for the local branch of the AWO (Arbeiterwohlfahrt) to move me. They are a charity organization which in addition to a bunch of other stuff also helps unemployed folks get jobs. For my move, they quoted me 550 euro which is quite reasonable, given that I'm moving a 4 room 90sq meter full apartment to a house 25 km away. They provide transportation and manpower, and will take apart any furniture if needed and put it back together again at the new place. I'm also having them install my fencing at the new house. (for an additional fee, of course)

I've seen them work when they moved the previous owners stuff out of the house we bought. The "Boss" is a German working full time for the charity. He pulled up with two medium sized trucks, and out popped 5 mostly Russian guys who were quick, polite, efficient, and careful (didn't break anything). If you have old but still useful furniture in decent shape that you want to get rid of and can't sell, then these guys will also take it away.

Obviously the branch in Ellwangen that I deal with is a whole different group of people than what you might be dealing with in Frankfurt. I can't guarrantee anything, but you might want to check them out.

Obviously the branch in Ellwangen that I deal with is a whole different group of people than what you might be dealing with in Frankfurt. I can't guarrantee anything, but you might want to check them out.

Just gave Awo Frankfurt a ring, they don't offer the service here. But thanks for the info anyway.

@ Barbett : I've used those two guys, they've a sprinter and very efficient, professional and trustworthy.

they've even assembled my new Ikea stuff together because we had plenty of time left. their price is from 99 Euros for 4 hrs (min.), I got all my removal done for just a bit more than that.

here's the link to their add

german dream team

anyone know any english speaking moving companies in frankfurt, as in moving all my stuff from one apartment to another?

cheers!

Topics merged by admin

Klaus Sommer

06034-3414

He's excellent, cheap and efficient, can't recommend him highly enough really.

klaus.w.sommer@t-online.de

Hi all,

I'm need help moving a sofa and table and chairs moving about 2 miles down the road, if I had a van I could do it in one trip and it would take about half an hour.

Does anyone know of a service or just a bloke with a van that would do this fairly cheaply? A friend of mine tells me its about 100Eur to hire a van for the day hardly seems worth it! plus I've left my drivers licence back in the UK!

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions??

...or if about 7-8 people are up for it you can help me carry them through the streets!!!... many hands make light work!!

Cheers!

Topics merged by admin

I'm moving from Brussels down to Frankfurt this coming weekend (30th Aug 08) and have brought my (t)rusty old Transit van over from the UK. It'll be in FfM for the next 3 or 4 weeks before I take it back so if anyone needs a similar short hop in that time, drop me a line here in PM or email me at dave (at) w59.co.uk. Cheap? I'll probably do it for free (or nominal fuel) just to meet some people.

Dave

If anyone wants more current info on this, I just used these guys:

Umzugs-service Schön

Brüder-Grimmstr. 26

60385 Frankfurt

holger.schoen-ffm@freenet.de

0172 101 5666

€55 per hour, minimum time that you have to pay for was only 2 hours. They were efficient and careful, and generally did a great job. I don't think they speak English, but they were super-friendly and very patient with my less-than-perfect Deutsch.

Hi,

I would like to move some furniture from Detmold area to FFM (about 400 km) and would like to rent a van (one-way) for this. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hi all,

I am looking for someone with a van thats wants to earn a 100 euro on Sunday the 3rd of October (this Sunday) morning for 2 hours work....driving to Darmstadt dismantleing and collecting a bed and driving to Bornhiem and dropping it off and helping set up. the bed is 2 metres, and has a mattress and 2 small bedside tables anybody want cash money for a few hours work????

Please email;

paulrhodes@live.com

Or call

We might have been able to help you out as we would have had a van for all our stuff going to Darmstadt and coming back to FFM empty. Not going to work out now though as we move next Thursday shame we didn't know before we booked the removals.

Otherwise my My hammer which is my new favourite website, you are bound to find somebody on there who can do it for you.