Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eyeglasses - recommended opticians in Munich

15 posts in this topic

I am looking for new eyeglasses and already visited some opticians, in spite of that I am curious whether you can recommend shops/opticians that carry stylish glasses.

The very best place to go in Munich for glasses, contact lenses or anything of that sort is Ursula Seytter, Augenoptik am Rosenheimer Platz. I have been going to her for years, my son as well...the friendliest

service imaginable, competent and customer oriented!

Most of the Krass shops carry a fair range of designer frames and in most cases will make up your new specs in a couple of hours

Just for info. Bought some pretty glasses from Krass. Half a year later broke lens. They replaced for 60 Euros. Eight months later stupidly broke lens again - they ask me for 85 Euros. I call up and query - so now supposedly I get a bill for 60 Euros. Any comment? Is this good or bad service? Got a boring pair of spare glasses from Fielmann who offer an insurance for ten Euros (can't remember exact price) to cover breakages.

After been through every Fielmann and Krass in town, I found the glasses I currently wear in a shop very near to Sendlinger Tor. It's on the west side of Sonnenstr, closer to Sendlinger Tor Platz than the camera shop Sauter.

Whatever you do, do not use Sommer Optik in the OlympiaEinkaufZentrum. I paid 500 euro for a pair of glasses I never wore, and had to go to a UK optician to get replacements.

I was on my way to PUPILLE OPTIK on Gärtnerplatz, when the frames at Optik Billard - also on Gartnerplatz - caught my attention. Ended up buying two pairs of frames and lenses at a very reasonable price. I think their selection is just as good as Pupille Optik; and their service was GREAT.

Even though I had/have to use my terrible German to communicate, I've been back several times to ask for minor adjustments. They are quite friendly and helpful. They were also able to restore the plastic on an old pair of frames I bought in the States. (Imagine: the snooty store where I orginally bought the frames wasn't able to do this and instead tried to talk me into another pair of frames!)