Rotten nectarines from REWE in Frankfurt

14 posts in this topic

They're manky !!! Two days on the bounce now i've bitten into a rotten lump of brown-ness !!!

Yesterday I went back over to the shop and slung the fruit back at the manager (or i think he was the manager).. I took pride in the sight of him standing there with vege-poo coloured goo everywhere, but it didn't change the fact that my lunch had been spoilt. And now today's is just as bad !!!

So i'm calling a boycot please, don't buy fruit from REWE (crap name anyway). It's smelly, it's brown, it's manky. and it's...well...just don't bother !!!

Thanks for listening ;)

Funny I bought some the other day and they were delicious. Like with most german supermarkets it's just best to buy the fruit when it's been freshly shipped. If you notice the same fruit sitting there for over a week, stay away from it.

and i was thinking what do you expect buying nectarines in september? but then that is my german way of not buying fruit out of season. :ph34r:

generally I find any veg or fruit seems to rot within a couple of days of buying it here. Unlike back in the UK

The miniMal at Munich's Arabellapark which is now a REWE as well has excellent fruit, imo. Probably the best quality (although probably not the biggest) selection I have seen in a long time.

The problem in general is a lot better than it used to be. Only 10 years ago there was virtually no self-service for fruit and veg even at supermarkets. You had to get to know the ladies working there and be extra-special-happy-friendly-nice or you got the wilted, old, overripe shit they weren't about to throw away when they could foist it on you and take your marks instead.

Boycott? Sheesh.

woof.

If we boycotted though there be nowhere to shop :o

I always thought Minimal was generally better than others for fruit and veg quality so a bit disappointed with your report.

may be being stupid, but what and where is a supermarket called REWE???!! :blink:

have been out of Germany for the last 10 days, it it a new place here in Frankfurt?