Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pool and billiard bars in Frankfurt

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone ,

Ive been in frankfurt working for the last four weeks and Ive seen most of the city but Im looking for a decent pool / billiards place that isnt full of gangster looking wannabes that I think I will have to fight my way out off.

Something with a load of tables I can pay by the hour and a cue that doesnt look like a broom handle thats been run over three times by one of the trams.

Also, can you recommend any indie music places or bars ? Ive waltzed round Sachsenhausen and most of the city centre and not seen much.

Spent a couple of nights in Sugar and Schoeneberger (excuse the spelling) along with some other recommendations on here and thats been pretty good.

Im bascially on my own here (ahhhhh...) for another two to three weeks and just killing time in the evenings between finishing my work for Arcor and sleeping in the hotel. I do fly home on the weekends so they are out.

Im 32 , born in northern ireland but living in england so obviously I speak practically no german and have already done the rounds of every irish bar I could find. So please dont suggest either another irish bar or even worse , some teeny bop club to hear the latest pop idol jamboree !

cheers

Check the German place next door to O'Dwyers called The Plataeu in Sachsenhausen, there is a nice pool table up the back of the pub, the staff are friendly and speak english, and there are some decent pool players in there. Okay, not a pool hall, but a nice place to have a drink and play a few games (the cues are usually fine in there), beer is about half the price of O'Dwyers as well!!

Thanks , if anyone has the name or address of the one near Panorama Bad that would be great. I walked round there and saw one place full of fruit machines and only 3 tables but I dont know if that was it.

the one near panorama bad is good, loads of tables... i go there a fair bit...

bear with me i'll find the address for you... but you can't miss it it's slap bang opposite the panorama bad entrance..

thanks No 10 , I will check it out. I walked around Berger Strasse and only saw this small place and thought that was it. I never got as far as the panorama building so it should be easy to find - cheers