Cancellation of the Boat Party

263 posts in this topic

The Language Party (also the Boat Party)

The Language Party is each Wednesday on the ship Eastern Comfort. The party is a place to meet people from all over the world living in Berlin, find language tandem partners, exercise your various languages and enjoy the international atmosphere. Come early to have some homemade hummus--and enjoy the sunset on the river. English language book exchange, too. The party starts 7pm. Entry is one Euro. Check the website to find out if the party will include a concert, dance lessons, or if other special events are scheduled during the week.

http://www.english-events-in-berlin.de

From the starboard rail,

Charles

0163-5272213 / 25 32 89 78

Directions:

The ship is a 5-10 minute walk from Warschauerstr. U-Bahn/S-Bahn/Tram down Warschauerstr. toward the Oberbaumbrücke. Just before the bridge turn right onto Mühlenstr., and the Eastern Comfort entrance is about 100 meters down the street (Mühlenstr. 73) near the beginning of the Eastside Gallery. On the ship, the lounge is on the 2nd floor. See you there.

See also the archive of announcements from previous weeks.

Two weeks ago we had a really good time on the boat so we are going back this wednsday at 7:30. I hope to see some new faces there...if you don't know where it is, the boat is in Friedrichshain right off Warshauer U and S bonn stop.

See ya soon.

Sounds cool, and i suggest it as a warm up for anyone who wants to come with us after it to Watergate, pretty cool club with some equally pretty cool djs playing !

I'll be there :D

thanks guys. for people who want to read a despcription of the boat party, here it is for this week. bring your friends, ask for me, charles, and see you there!

This Wednesday, Sept. 27, it's worth coming to the party on the ship Eastern Comfort just for the concert. A guitar-violin duo will be performing original and cover songs with a sound that weaves its way into your heart. Concert starts at 10. Come earlier to meet language tandem partners and to mingle in an international crowd. The atmosphere is a that of a private party.

Last week much mixing of languages including French, Spanish, Japanese and Farsi. Oh: And there was dancing.

From the starboard rail,

Charles

Someone told me that they now have bands playing at the Wednesday boat party at Warschauer strasse. Anyone know if it is every week, and is it good or very average stuff?

I can't comment on the general quality since my only boat visits were sans musical accompaniment, but I did see an off-the-boat 'English Events' show with two singers that were nice and campfire-esque.

This week (Wed 11.15) promises a guitar-violin duo with songs in English and Russian. Party begins at 7pm with concert at 10pm. The book trade is on too.

Does this mean the boat leaves at 7PM?

I had an inkling that that was the case! Anyway, thanks a lot for clarifying!

does the boat party go ahead as scheduled if there is rain or lightning? The weather forecast is calling for thunderstorms.

Think I may go next week- just arrived in Berlin and I dont know anyone! Argh! Whats the best way to meet people?