The current weather in Munich

171 posts in this topic

Siebenschläfertag (unfortunately in this instance) is not considered meteorologically relevant.

The heatwave starting today will probably last two weeks or more, for those that like it overly hot.

Well, the weather in the Munich area is really, really HOT at the moment, and has been for a couple of days now.

According to the weather forecast, it will "only" go up to 27 degrees tomorow, so hopefully it won't feel as bad as it has done today - around lunchtime I measured 35 degrees in the shade!!!

Since my work is physically exhausting on a "normal" day, I am really struggling to deal with the heat - I didn't drink enough yesterday and have been ahnging aorund just drinking for most of the day today - not the best of Sundays!

However, it must be lovely for those who are on holiday right now, and I hope they are enjoying it!

It was 39° on one of the balconies in the shade today. Now down to 34°.

Looking forward to a cooler today tomorrow as I have to go out.

Supposed to be back up in the high 30's on Tues.

Nice for people to be on holiday but many go where it is even hotter.

I'm just too old for that.

It was a perfect day yesterday: 95km on a bike, couple liters of beer, pair of lakes for a dip, enough heat to make it all interesting. 

It's gotta be terrible for people who have to dress appropriately and sit in an overheated office or workplace. It's excellent if you like the heat and can sneak off to a water source for even and hour or two... I hope it burns like this all summer. 

Here comes a (possible) biggie over Southern Bavaria with an official severe weather warning - hang on to your hats! Current radar pics.

Windows were smashed in by hail in Kaufbeuern, and the weather is coming to Munich and Regensburg. Maybe some left over for Nuremberg. ;)

EDIT: Seriously? That's all??

You needed to be a bit further west!

Anyway, that's the end of the overly hot and humid weather for another year. Looking forward to some warm, sunny weather now so that I can start doing sport again.

Unbenannt.JPG

FINALLY the temperature in my flat has come down to an acceptable level. What a horrendous summer it has been. I hope the weather will be normal now

Cluster of thunderstorms coming through just now, heavy rain with some hail mixed in...

capture_001_24082015.thumb.jpg.de2c03a91

What a horrendous summer it has been.

No, just perfect. Finally a summer where I was/am able to visit each bigger beergarden in Munich. Even went to Freising for the Weihenstephan beergarden.

I saw first snow of this season on way from Cologne to Munich near Frankfurt i think

snow.thumb.jpeg.450d52f8e6f4139136eeb739

Just been down to the supermarket... It's eye-watering, nose-running, ear-nipping cold out :huh:

wic.thumb.jpg.2c51d8c3e7ee2556a1e55d73c3

I saw first snow of this season on way from Cologne to Munich near Frankfurt i think

snow.thumb.jpeg.450d52f8e6f4139136eeb739

Noooooo! It's noooot!!

It's, ah.... it's COCAINE! Or... SOAP FLAKES! AAaaaahhhhhhh...

I'll be glad when this damned wind dies down, woke me up a couple of times last night :angry:

Spring already?  We haven't had Winter yet!  At best it's still Autumn. 

This has likely been the worst "winter" since I've been here. 2006/2007 was awful, but I think this one beats it. We have had one decent cold snap and that's it.