The current weather in Munich

313 posts in this topic

It's bloody cold for May. No better forecast expected for next week. I'm not going to retire here. It's final!

@LukeSykwalker Looking good from the 15th onward. Finally and, to be fair, we did have some lovely weather before the latest grey spell.

Remember that, when you are retired, you can slip off to the south when the weather becomes too bleak and recover. Lots of cheap rentals in the off season (when everyone else is working)

B)

In April there were indeed some nice days, but it wasn't a good month in total. Frühlingsfest in Munich is a disaster for the merchants. I'm talking about Cyprus or South Spain, where you can have breakfast outside from February to November. 

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

@LukeSykwalker Looking good from the 15th onward. Finally and, to be fair, we did have some lovely weather before the latest grey spell.

Yes it is getting better. The 15th is "Eisheiligen" so there may be a last blast of winter before the real spring starts. I have a large flower bed to sow for the season this year.

Holy shit, massive storm in Munich with 140 km/h wind and hail the size of golf balls:

2050198389-hagel-unwetter-muenchen-umlan378769402-hagel-unwetter-muenchen-umland

I grabbed my keys and was waiting by the door in case the roof caved in (when you live in a loft, it sounds much worse than it actually is)

Thankfully my windows (which are at a 45 degree angle) have metal roller shutters on them. 

I experienced 1 real bad hail storm....   it rippedoff  every single leaf of every tree in the street... 

Mother nature sure can be a power to recon with...   maybe.. just maybe, this climate change is her way of trying to protect herself... 

Our whole west side of our apartment building is riddled with holes.  We had a insulation put on the outside.. Now we see wire where the top coat has gone.  All blinds are damaged.

What a mess it is going to be to get all of this fixed.