Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getaways within 4hrs drive from Frankfurt

7 posts in this topic

My husband and I are looking to have 2-3 days to ourselves at the end of the Christmas holiday. It could be a farm stay or a gasthaus or whatever. We just want time to ourselves after the busy holiday - time to read, sleep, etc.

It doesn't need to be in a super-cutesy area either - as long is there is either 1) a nice to place to go for walks outside (yes, I know it will be cold!) or 2) a fun town to bop around in. We're not looking to break the bank, so cheaper is always better.

Btw - we're saying 3-4 hrs from Frankfurt since we'll be there already and don't want to spend lots of gas money on the rental car we'll have.

So any ideas?

Thanks!

Well, we were really looking for something closer to Frankfurt. My husband's brother lives just south of Munich and we had thought about visiting him, but it's a six hour drive for him to get from his place to where we'll be for Christmas. (45 min north of Frankfurt) We were hoping to avoid driving more than 3-4 hrs.

Thanks for the thoughts though!

I know this may be out of your price range and certainly a six hour drive but the Larchenhof is absolutely fantastic Winter and Summer. I have been twice this year and although it is expensive there are a range of room types which cater for most pockets. I spent 800€ for a week but compared to other more expensive holidays it was like second heaven and in that respect extremely good value for money. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special treat and the opportunity to really relax.