Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finding work in Frankfurt without speaking German

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am Spanish (32) and I would like to be in FFM asap. My wife works for a German company in Madrid and she is moving to Frankfurt. I just got married sis weeks ago so I really want to be with her. My only problem is that I have a good job in Madrid and I do not want to leave this place until I get something in Frankfurt.

I work in the international department of the company, helping small and medium entrerprise going abroad, mainly to Latin America. I have two degrees, one in Law (Madrid) and one in Commerce (Dublin) and a MBA (Nottingham) but I donot speak any German.

I was talking to a German headhunter and she told me that to get a qualified job for a non German citizen is quite difficult and worst if he doesn´t speak the language and te situation gets even worst in Frankfurt. I am quite worried and I would like to know your opinion about it. Any advice is very wellcome.

Thank you

I would have thought that Frankfurt would be better than other places for getting jobs without speaking the language. My office is purely English speaking, as only half of the studio is German and we deal with an international marketplace/publishing network. I don't think we'd have any job that would suit you, as we make computer games, but it is evidence that such places exist in Frankfurt.

Another friend of mine, from Paris, worked here some years back, in a management role at Air France. He doesn't speak German either.