Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meet up in Düsseldorf - Friday 29.Sep.2006

15 posts in this topic

I will try to make it. As I live in Cologne, I am not very familiar with DDorf. Maybwe you can explain how to get there from the 57? Or from Neuss Hafen?

I'll come along and try and bring some other people. What time? And WHERE in BMs? It's a big bar!!!

cheshire cat - hey - a lilttle birdy told me you run a wine tasting course? do u have any spare places ?

perhaps u could pm me...tx.

I work in Neuss so I can drive into DDorf on Friday. Im sure I will find it. What time are people meeting up?

not sure what the sp is yet, so I'll get our man on the ground to make a decision about the time and rendez vous point... and will get some directions.

Is anybody at a loose end earlier on in the day? I'll be on my way back down from Bremen so will be in town earlier and checking out the sites... assuming there are some...

ok, plan so far is:

any time before 8 in Bucks, a couple there and then move on around 9ish, when the group is together. Ratinger Str. is a very lively place and is but a five minute walk from Bolkerstr. (where Bucks is and where the millions of bars are!) Then, of course, there are the Altbier breweries like Ueriger and Schumacher or the Rheinterrasse. Any other suggestions out there?

Apparently there is a Welsh band on in Bucks :blink:

So far there are 11 definites, and 6 maybe's...

A few final details :-

Anytime before 8 at Buck Mulligans - Bolkerstrasse 23 - 40213 Düsseldorf.

Anyone arriving by train can get the U-Bahn at the station into town. It's the third stop from the station (Heinrich Heine Allee - about five minutes).

There are two exits from the stop; one goes to Flinger Str. the other to Bolker str. Head towards Bolker and fight your way through the crowds until about a little over half way. Bucks is on the left, just after passing Pizza Hut on the right. Its fairly hidden, as the bar is actually in the cellar, and the sign to it is quite easily missed.

We should be congregating by the bar (where else!) at the side nearest the stairs. Not planning to move on (if at all) until at least 9PM, so don't worry if you're late.

There are about 17 definites (& 3 or so undecides until the last minute) to date, so should be a good crowd.

This open to newbies like myself? 23 yr old Irishman. Would there be room or would I be horribly out of place. I'm living and working in Neuss at the moment. Brutal honesty would be appreciated.

This is open to anyone who wants to join in.

So we shall see you tomorrow then, plus anyone else who wants to come.

so far we have:

xed

Vloid

Maaph

Mr Burns & Mrs Burns

bbulldog & Veela

Neil Carter

cheshirecat

Slackmack

Egg Chaser

Silly Point

deejay