Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Müller Drogerie opens a drugstore in Hauptbahnhof

36 posts in this topic

post-356-1156923369.jpg
Müller Drogerie, the drugstore chain, has a new branch inside Munich Hauptbahnhof, located in the Zwischengeschoss (in-between floors level) next to the FC Bayern fan store as you come up from the U-Bahn (lines U1/2/7/8 and certain exits for the U4 & U5) heading towards the main concourse.

So why should this be interesting?

Well, the opening times for a start (pictured).

Monday - Saturday 7am - 10pm

Sundays & public holidays 8am - 8pm

While this store does not store high-end cosmetics and perfumery as stocked in some of their other branches, it does stock familiar brands of household products, cosmetics, hair care, pet food, vitamins, condoms, sanitary protection, teas, chocolates, drinks... usual Müller stuff. And at their usual Müller prices.

Handy to know for when you're off on a night out and have forgotten essential supplies (bought an emergency lipstick there last night myself) or when you run out of washing powder on a Sunday. Not that I do, obviously.

Other Hauptbahnhof threads

it doesn't happen very often that i *need* to buy a DVD on any day of the week, never mind Sunday.

it would just be nice to have the option, though, innit?

I'm not, but I just can't see why having a place to buy CD's or DVD's on a sunday would be truly fab? Its not like they will probably stock a huge collection if they do and I can't see myself going, "Hmmm, lets go down to Hauptbahnhof just to browse the DVD collection in Müller.

maybe not, but that's probably because you're usually too busy on a sunday playing with your collection of toy dinosaurs :P

I've thought it several times when hearing a tune I like at a club over the weekend, and wanting to buy the CD ASAP so as to get it out of my head :D Besides, their stock isn't usually too bad - big heavy metal section anyway :D

They are not going to stock CDS ad as Katrina mentioned they are not going to stock their high end parfumerie stuff. Having branches in stations is a way to get around the general ban on Sunday trading. Officially they are only selling stuff you need to travel to bona fide travellers innit.

The supermarket chain Norma already have a branch in Regensburg Hbf for this reason.

I've seen the store but I've always rushed past by now cos of the bad smell coming from the adjacent store.

Rainy sundays are great for slumming it at home watching DVDs. Not sure I'd travel all the way to the HBh just to rent them but I like the idea of having it available.

I've thought it several times when hearing a tune I like at a club over the weekend, and wanting to buy the CD ASAP so as to get it out of my head

Innit! I remember going to see Walk the Line at the cinema on a Sunday matinee, and chomping at the bit waiting for the shops to open on a Monday morning so I could pick up a Johnny Cash CD.

If the shops had been open, i'd have hoofed it immediately into town and picked one up there and then.

If feel like a DVD or CD then a small Müller at the train station isn't probably going to be stocking the selection that they have down in Tal for instance.

:rolleyes:

why don't you go off and start a thread on negativity in MRC, SiM

something along the lines of "let's think of something good and then pick fault with it" :P