English-language bookshops in Hannover

11 posts in this topic

I don´t know if anyone´s aware of it, but there´s an English Bookshop in Hannover. It´s called Escape and is in the Oberstrasse in the Nordstadt.

I discovered an online english bookstore that is quite cheap. Delivery in Germany is free. Harry Potter paperback cost me 6euros, a Ken Follet book for 5. It's great if you know what you want. I usually browse amazon.com to find what I want to buy, then buy it here =)

http://www.english-book-service.com/

Got the books in a week.

cheers

-Roger

Hi everyone, I have loads of English books, being an avid reader of crime and thrillers. Is there any way of getting rid of my books now that the English Bookshop is closed?

I did think I could pounce on some unsuspecting Brit at Ikea in Großburgwedel but I don't want to scare small children!!!

Does anyone know of any second hand shops that might want them?

Cheers.

Does anyone know of any second hand shops that might want them?

Hi,

The Britannia import shop in Lister Meile, just south of Sedanstraße, sells used books. Maybe ask them.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Oxfam (Karmarschstr. 38) will also take them. My German mother-in-law likes to practice her English and buys English books there all the time.

How the...!!!

I didn't do that!

Edit: Crisis over I need to learn to read all ALL the letters in some ones user-name