Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Café Extrablatt - Frankfurt am Main

12 posts in this topic

post-16-1156412668.jpg
Checked out Café Extrablatt the other day.

Not a bad little spot. Big glass fronted place, although the area directly at the open windows was a no-smoking section aber such is life.

Got some interesting cocktails which you can find on their website...if it ever works.

Wouldn't be my ideal location for a night out, but not bad for one or two before heading on elsewhere.

Café Extrablatt

Bockenheimer Landstr. 141

Phone: +49 69 79403999

... the area directly at the open windows was a no-smoking section

... They have a non-smoking zone too!

Gen is drooling! I can see it :lol:

@bubblegum: It just opened in May...used to be some Tex Mex place, which was quite tasty...I wonder why it closed...

they have two locations in Frankfurt, maybe BG's thinking of the other one? The one at Bockenheimer Warte. That's where I was, and they have cocktail hour Monday and Fridays after 6 pm.

I think the photo's from the new location at Eschenheimer Tor?

Yes there are two one in Bockenheim and the new one at Eschenheimer Tor. I have not been to the new one either.

Yes I was upset when the Tex Mex place closed down they did lovely jacket potatoes. I discovered it had closed down when I got there on what was my first date with my boyfriend had a massive panic as thought he might have just gone home. Luckily he was sitting outside at the Tower bar wiating for me :D

Yeah, one day it was open and the next the inside was all torn up for the new place...I wonder why, it seemed like it was almost always crowded in there. For Mexican food in Germany it was pretty decent as well, though not so spicy. :)

Was it a blind date? At the very least he would have known it was you then, searching around for a place the no longer existed, all by yourself. Hehe.

No not a blind date I had met him a week before at a party although I was a bit concerned I might not recognise him again it is always different meeting someone for the second time :P