Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chicago Meatpackers Restaurant

29 posts in this topic

Situated just on Willi-Brand-Platz, this American style burger joint is worth a visit if you're with a group of friends.

Beer of choice is Becks (on draft for €3.90, 0.5L) and they also do a Franziskaner Weizen. Some American beers are available. Plenty of cocktail options and the like available too.

The food is the expected fare of burgers, ribs, steaks and the like. I can definitely recommend the Big Bopper 360g burger. There're a couple of vegetarian options too but let's face it, you don't go to a place called Lentils-R-Us looking for a 300g rib-eye.

post-11390-1156256152_thumb.jpg

The bar area is nice enough and has baseball on TV. To be honest I really have no complaints at all about the place. Service was prompt and very friendly, food n' drinks were quality and not overly expensive. All in all it lives up to what it claims to be and is definitely somewhere I'd go back to.

Chicago Meatpackers

Untermainanlage 8

60329 Frankfurt am Main

Phone +49 69 231659

They have a really nice burger with mushrooms .

Their cocktails aren't up to scratch in my opinion though. Sadly they lack the most important ingredient, alcohol !

Service was good when I was there, and the place is normally quite busy.

I think it's awful there..i work just around the corner and have been after work sometimes with collegues and it was shit. Way too american,. one evening the music was so loud in there we could hardly hear ourselves speak. And 3.90 for a becks is a rip off...

Nah, give me a eppelwio kneipe anyday

"Chicago Meatpackers Restaurant"...

this American style burger joint

Way too american,.

:lol: You're absolutely right. What this 'American style burger joint' needs is some Indonesian decor, Ghanian music and waitresses in French maid outfits.

Actually I think I'll mail them about that last point.

Beer in FFM is quite expensive in general, I've found. Often a Euro more than in Munich. Tell me where to get a Hefeweizen for 2.80 in FFM and I'll check it out!

I've had great ribs at the Meatpackers though, mmm. And the music wasn't too loud on the Saturday night I was there. Maybe joolz was there after closing time when they're trying to get the last people to leave? Turning up the music is a common strategy for that time of night...

I saw it brought out to a table too and thought about getting our table to order it -- I will next time, it looked great. Why, is that a real Chicago thing? I've never seen it before.

Why, is that a real Chicago thing? I've never seen it before.

I think it might be, as I have only seen it in Chicago. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing as well??

God, how I LOVE onion loaf. I think I'm going to plan a weekend trip out just to go to this restaurant!

I have walked past that place several times and wished that I had more time to give it a try. Everytime that I am in Frankfurt, my schedule is usually packed. Local FFMer's I know say that it is damn good, but a bit pricey. Still, I would kill (or just pay a bit extra) for a good steak that melts in your mouth.

Way too american,

Perhaps you are just way to british. :rolleyes:

Damn, an even better looking menu:

Grain Fed Prime Rib Eye or Sirloin

Rib Eye oder Sirloin 450g

29,80 €

:)

The Surf & Turf

Filet und Hummer

T.P.

:lol:

Hard choice. :P

Dammit I'm goin tonight. I'll take the camera for Keydeck's benefit. On to the Arc for a beer afterwards.

Rizzo, appreciate the sentiment, but it's a bit of a schlepp from Frankfurt to get back to the Arc after dinner.

Rizzo, appreciate the sentiment, but it's a bit of a schlepp from Frankfurt to get back to the Arc after dinner.

Doh! Doh! Doh!

Screwed on two counts. No Onion Loaf. And undoubtedly a nomination for Dumbass post of the week.

Still going to the Arc though. And thanks Keydeck - I would have been walking around Willi brandt strasse for hours trying to find the restaurant. Arc burger here I come.

maybe this is a bad place to put it, but i will be in frankfurt on sunday afternoon and thought about eating a good steak for dinner. does anyone have a good recommendation. it'll be a birthday thing too (not for me). only one said something good about the steakhouse.

only one person? You must have been looking at the wrong thread. The steakhouse is FABULOUS. Best steak I've had in Germany, second only to Tucker's Steakhouse in St. Louis in my life in fact.

http://the-steakhouse.de/

and yes, this is the wrong place for this conversation. Chicago Meatpackers is a great place, but cannot compare to The Steakhouse. I'd search but I have to run. ;) oh wait it was me further up in this thread. This thread needs a split then...

Oh and you do have to reserve at the Steakhouse as they get full.

oh wait it was me further up in this thread. This thread needs a split then...

i saw a review about the steakhouse about 4 posts up, which is what i was referring to when one person gave a good review. alrighty then! mmm, steak.