Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Im Herzen Afrikas

3 posts in this topic

This is a great little find only a couple of minutes walk from Hauptbahnhof.

I asked if I could take a couple of photos but they said they'd prefer not. I've taken the ones below from their website which since I'm promoting the place they shouldn't object to.

post-11390-1156168362.jpg post-11390-1156168367.jpg

Basically there are two parts to this location. In one door you have the restaurant. There's sand under foot, a small bar area at the entrance, low-low tables and you are inside what is meant to be a tent. Oh and it's really rather dark.

The other part is the bar. You can also get food there as far as I know. Much of it is non-smoking but there's a smoking area near the bar which consists of carved seating around an enormous communal ashtray. Other notable features include a clay hut which seats about 10, a little balcony seating about 6 and various other little sub-sections. There's lots of carved wood about the place and basically a very cool atmosphere.

Downstairs you have more seating in a couple of rooms and oddly enough, a jaccuzzi.

See their website for full details and lots of photos.

Im Herzen Afrikas

Gutleutstrasse 13

60329 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49 69 24246080

No, I stood near the bar, pointed my camera at the enormous ashtray in the smoking section and asked if I could take a few snaps. The guy behind the bar clasped his hands together and said "No, please no". I decided not to push the point, but yes, thought it was a bit odd. Perhaps if I'd explained that I liked the place and just wanted to help promote it a little, rather than perhaps steal all their cool ideas, he might have been more amenable.