Why are you happy today?

18,392 posts in this topic

This dinosaur - moi - learnt something new today. I try not to use the PC too often at the moment for eyesight reasons. My technician pointed out something to me today. A " read aloud " function. I can click onto an email and press " read aloud " and a voice reads the email for me!

I know this may sound so obvious for many of you but for me it's a wonderful revelation!

I write on here almost exclusively on the SmartPhone- can gwt closer to a screen!

So where is this read aloud function ? Guessing its an icon no-one recognises.

Phew! My eyes😮

I paid a tax bill by internet banking Nov 11th. I got a warning from the Finanzamt this week and a 50 Euro fine. for " non-payment.." And it wasn't beer money...

I was shocked but paid the tax again though I made a screenshot of my original transaction. All was good BUT I had put down the wrong IBAN!

At the bank today, they made a couple of calls and found out the money had gone to Allianz!😂 Is their second name Finanzamt?? ( why have they not returned the money?)

After half an hour at the bank, they realised they COULD get the money returned to me- after first claiming they couldn't!

If

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I paid a tax bill by internet banking Nov 11th. I got a warning from the Finanzamt this week and a 50 Euro fine. for " non-payment.." And it wasn't beer money...

I was shocked but paid the tax again though I made a screenshot of my original transaction. All was good BUT I had put down the wrong IBAN!

Alright, this is easily solved.

I have sent you (by e-mail) a filled in SEPA direct debit mandate for the Finanzamt:

1. check what I filled in
  2. print it
  3. sign it in the middle and at the bottom-left. The field at the bottom-right remains empty!
  4. send it by post to the Finanzamt Hamburg-Harburg
  5. relax, because this 50€ late payment penalty (Säumniszuschlag) was the last one you will ever have to pay.

Your Steuerberater should have sent you one ages ago - all of my freelance clients use it and so do nearly all of my employed clients.

11 hours ago, john g. said:

After half an hour at the bank, they realised they COULD get the money returned to me- after first claiming they couldn't!

They can put in a request to the other bank in any case. The other thing you could have done would have been to drop an email to Allianz and ask for your money back. They probably would have complied eventually.

Boris Becker is coming back to Germany.

He lived in London for many years but neglected to apply for citizenship😕

40 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

He lived in London for many years but neglected to apply for citizenship😕

It would seem that he has neglected a number of things over past years :(

I’m happy right now cuz Armenian-Germerican grandkid #3 was born this afternoon, 4 weeks early, but healthy as can be. Plus, he is named after Opa, making him the 6th in line with the name. 🙏 ❤️  New Year’s in Yerevan for us!

11 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I’m happy right now cuz Armenian-Germerican grandkid #3 was born this afternoon, 4 weeks early, but healthy as can be. Plus, he is named after Opa, making him the 6th in line with the name. 🙏 ❤️  New Year’s in Yerevan for us!

You don't need Xmas presents😂❤️👍

The best is already there!

Congratulations and enjoy❤️❤️