Why are you happy today?

18,265 posts in this topic

This gorgeous puppy is now " in a good place."'

If you watch a while, you'll see how many ticks are eating away at him- but will be banished!👍

Love it, John !  So happy there are caring folks around. 

Yesterday I overdosed on some Dodo You tube clips- anger, sadness and joy when they find their caring forever homes.

The eagle Nicole spotted today on Crete . She also sent a mini video where there are supposedly five of them but I can't see them! Too small for me...

2670A4D8-9040-45A5-8BCD-1ADD74F91386.jpeg

Happy is the wrong word. Relieved that Takis on Crete stumbled across a thrown away cat.

Cuz it’s the first day since getting Covid symptoms almost 5 days ago that I’m starting to feel like a functioning human being again. Day 3 with a positive test. Finally slept last night.  🙏  No fever today, and a lot less coughing and sneezing. Gorgeous weather, 65 (18) and ☀️, and the beast and I are hanging out on our 3rd floor balcony watching the peeps go by.  Got hybrid immunity now for my upcoming trip to the US. 😅 Stay healthy folks! I clearly had a moderate case, and it wasn’t a picnic.

We're just back from a four day trip to Leipzig! What a beautiful and laid back city! Friendly people❤️

We are delighted.

5 hours ago, john g. said:

We're just back from a four day trip to Leipzig! What a beautiful and laid back city! Friendly people❤️

We are delighted.

Went there for a long weekend a few years ago. Stunning architecture (both old and modern) and lovely people.

I endorse @john g.'s comment. Well worth a visit.

The bloke in the white jacket-Jorge in Buenos Aires- was a lovely friend way back then- WAY back then in our youth! Trying to trace him. 

I don't have Facebook but my Nicole does- and it turned out Jorge does as well! Still alive and fine at 74 this week!

Live chat ensued❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍

Back in touch!!! So happy!!

0E42DE35-D84A-4487-B237-DE846F179A80.jpeg

On 19/10/2022, 19:17:28, emkay said:

Whenever I feel a bit isolated from human contact, I just go and sweep outdoors. Now there are a huge amount of fallen leaves to sweep, it can take a few hours.  

I met a lovely elderly man today walking by our house. We chatted for over an hour. He was such a kind hearted and interesting person. And, a great inspiration. He’s 81 yet looked to be only about 60. He told me all about how hard childhood was in the DDR. I can relate as my father told me of similar hardships during his life there.

Amongst several of his recollections, his 5 minute death experience was fascinating. It was apparently the most amazing feeling he’d ever had and shaped his whole future life. Enjoy life, make the most of everything every day, love and appreciate family, nature etc etc. 

Also, at the age of 69, he did The Jakob’s Weg walk. Only a 100km part. I had to laugh when he told me that he phoned his wife when he reached Santiago and was about to join the church service there. She said she was in Rewe here buying toilet roll etc!

My husband had planned to do some of the Jakob’s Weg walk 2 years ago though corona made this not possible. I dearly hope that he will reconsider his plans soon. Sadly, I’m not able to participate.

Lovely to meet nice and positive minded people unexpectedly.

What a wonderful post, dear emkay!❤️

Toilet roll: ( forgive me here😂)..

I will have you know I got on a bus in Harburg about 12 years ago ( can't remember which day, month, year or the minute or whether it was the 141 bus or 241 bus ( there are two alternating... I hope you understand..) ) and I was sat there and an old geezer got on the bus with about 30 toilet rolls , and he noticed we fellow passengers had noticed 😂 and he said: " na ja, es ist was wir aeltere Menschen einkaufen, ne? "

Memories!😂

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

One more sleep and we get our coffee automat back from repair. Sick of making drip coffee into a thermos.

Frau Spoiled

I share your joy! Back from a trip to Leipzig, I have found my toothbrush. It was where it was supposed to be before the trip.😄

My dear fraufruit! I even found a comb! My fans don't know I ( sometimes ) have hair ( apart from the moustache, I hastily add!) 🤭

Wer ueber Leipzig schreibt, hat ausgesorgt. Diese Stadt ist unerschoepflich.

S/he who writes about Leipzig, has material to last them out. This city is inexhaustible.

Erich Loest, Schriftsteller/Author.

15 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Wer ueber Leipzig schreibt, hat ausgesorgt. Diese Stadt ist unerschoepflich.

S/he who writes about Leipzig, has material to last them out. This city is inexhaustible.

Erich Loest, Schriftsteller/Author.

I wish I were there tomorrow! Top game: FC Leipzig v Real Madrid!